4od - Time out getting Videos (1 Viewer)

cwaite

Portal Member
March 29, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have noticed that since 24th May 2012 4od is no longer working, you can get to the categories then go on to the Program names but when you select the program name instead of getting a list of episodes it says Time Out Getting Videos.

I think Channel 4 may have changed something on their website which has caused this problem as since the 24th May the first time you enter the website you get a message at the top (see below)

"Like most websites Channel 4 uses cookies. In order to deliver a personalised, responsive service and to improve the site, we remember and store information about how you use it. This is done using simple text files called cookies which sit on your computer. These cookies are completely safe and secure and will never contain any sensitive information. They are used only by Channel 4 or the trusted partners we work with."

Hope someone can fix this soon.

cwaite

Portal Member
March 29, 2008
Home Country
Found this posted on the XBMC forum,

Seems to have been some case changes on the 4od webpage that lists the episodes, causing the parser to stall indefinitely when trying to list episodes.
Changing the following line in default.py:
Code:
epsInfo = re.findall( '<li.*?data-episode-number="(.*?)".*?data-assetid="(.*?)".*?data-episodeUrl="(.*?)".*?data-image-url="(.*?)".*?data-txDate="(.*?)".*?data-episodeTitle="(.*?)".*?data-episodeInfo="(.*?)".*?data-episodeSynopsis="(.*?)".*?data-series-number="(.*?)"', ol, re.DOTALL )

to

Code:
epsInfo = re.findall( '<li.*?data-episode-number="(.*?)".*?data-assetid="(.*?)".*?data-episodeurl="(.*?)".*?data-image-url="(.*?)".*?data-txdate="(.*?)".*?data-episodetitle="(.*?)".*?data-episodeinfo="(.*?)".*?data-episodesynopsis="(.*?)".*?data-series-number="(.*?)"', ol, re.DOTALL )

I have tried changing the default.py in c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.4od\ but this has made no difference in mediaportal, does anyone have any ideas how to get this going again.

rich76

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Home Country
I can confirm the same problem as stated above but haven't tried the fix suggested yet but I have saved the clean log files.

Looking at the online videos log it shows the error but no reason for the error so I'm not sure where else to look.

If you need any other logs let me know.

Rich

I just noticed the file you are pointing to above is for xbmc so would make no difference to online videos on mediaportal.

Attachments

• 4od Timeout.zip
    14.8 KB
Last edited:

cwaite

Portal Member
March 29, 2008
Home Country
Hi Rich

As far as I understand it the plugins source files used in mediaportal is the same as in XBMC.

Looks like they have it going again in XBMC, hope someone can come up with a fix for mediaportal soon.

cwaite

Portal Member
March 29, 2008
Home Country
Ok I have managed to get 4od going again, I have edited the OnlineVideos.Sites.brownard.dll to reflect the case changes, this has fixed things for me, although I have had to turn off the online videos automatic update otherwise it overwrites the file dll file with the original dll file.

If you want to try it for yourselves then go into the Mediaportal configuration, click Plugins, click Online Videos once then click Config, clear the Updates Sites on First Load box to stop Online videos from checking for updates and overwriting the new dll file. Click Save then click OK.

Download the attached file and unzip it to somewhere like your Desktop

In Explorer browse to C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos rename OnlineVideos.Sites.brownard.dll to OnlineVideos.Sites.brownard.old

Now copy OnlineVideos.Sites.brownard.dll that you unzipped to your desktop to C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos

Now Run mediaportal and go into online videos, if it asks you to check for updates select NO

Now you can go into 4od and once again play episodes.

Hope this helps.

I am trying to find out if I can submit the edited DLL so that the fix can be officially implemented into Online Videos if anyone can tell me how to do this I would be most grateful.

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.Sites.brownard.dll.zip
    27.5 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can submit an issue on google code write a report for the 4oD site from MP OV config. Then the author will get an email - he can update his code and the dll.

cwaite

Portal Member
    March 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks offbyone, I have submitted to both the author from OnlineVideos config and google code so hopefully this will be fixed shortly.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would be even easier if you provided the changed source file - the brownard dll's source if fully available on google code. So if I/he have the changed file, we can easily commit your fix.

cwaite

Portal Member
    March 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi offbyone

Sorry I am new to all this I am not really a programmer just someone thats keen to get the 4od pluging working again, anyway I think I have found the correct source file on google code (please dont shoot me if I have got the wrong file), I do not have permission to edit it, so I have copied and pasted it to a blank file made the alterations and attached it to the post. Is there anything else you want me to do, to get things moving on this.

Attachments

• FourodUtil.zip
      2.3 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No worries, you did everything just fine ;) I'll have a look at the file and commit it to svn. I'll wait a little, maybe brownard steps in (he could be on vacation - dont know), otherwise I'll update the dll on the server so you all can enable your autoupdate again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom