4TheRecord & DVB EPG (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have just installed 4TheRecord and can now access liveTV. Problem is I have no EPG. I use the DVB-T (freeview) EPG and I have ticked the sync option in the 4TR plugin. This has created lots of channels in 4TR and everything appears to be working bar the EPG which is kinda handy for recording ;)

Also a little niggle. Is there anyway to assign channel numbers in 4TR? This is mainly a WAF issue but I could really do with having the channels as the same numbers as standard freeview

settingsun

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    have you ticked off the channels you want to see in the guide - 4tr management console>channel admin>tv channels. Once they are ticked they will show in the guide.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    have you ticked off the channels you want to see in the guide - 4tr management console>channel admin>tv channels. Once they are ticked they will show in the guide.
    Yes they show in the guide but there is nothing in the guide.

Left the machine overnight and is now a bit odd. BBC One has a fully populated guide but all the other channels only have data from a weeks time. Have I missed a step when installing that imports the current DVB EPG?

settingsun

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    I am using a modified TSWriter.ax which once set up pulls down dvb epg fully for british sky/freesat. As you are after freeview data maybe refresh the dvb epg in tvserver config or you can always go the xmltv route which I believe 4tr supports. Sorry I cant be much more use.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I am using a modified TSWriter.ax which once set up pulls down dvb epg fully for british sky/freesat. As you are after freeview data maybe refresh the dvb epg in tvserver config or you can always go the xmltv route which I believe 4tr supports. Sorry I cant be much more use.

Thanks anyway. Looks like it has resolved itself. I tried manually refreshing the EPG via the TV Server config app but did not make any difference to 4TR. Wanted to avoid xmltv as was always a pain in the rear from many years ago and I have still not been able to let go of that ....

Someone everything is there now. It appears that 4TR has a mechanism to update the EPG with new stuff coming in at the end every hour and then refresh the whole thing every 24 hours (default). I am guessing this is what the options in the config mean. Either way I now have a full EPG so on to the next questions....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom