1.33 5.1 Audio playback delay isssues (3 Viewers)

ShadowB123

Portal Member
December 14, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is not an audio/video out of sync issue but a delay in audio in playback

I have been using MP for years and noticed their always been a 2-4 second audio delay when playing back mp4 files that have 5.1 channel encoding. I have been living with this issue for a while. Being curious, I installed kodi on the same HTPC with the exact same connections to my AV receiver and to my surprise kodi did NOT have this playback issue as MP does. I do prefer MP over kodi and was hoping to see if anyone has experienced this playback issue and could point me in the right direction to fix this?

I have also tried changing LAV settings under Codecs and Renderer no difference in the audio delay is noticed

I am using MP 1.33 x86
HTPC is connected directly to my AV receiver via HDMI

Thanks

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have been using MP for years and noticed their always been a 2-4 second audio delay when playing back mp4 files that have 5.1 channel encoding.
    MP has adjustable audio delay. I don't know whether this works for all video formats, but it certainly works for TS files, and may work for MP4 files.

There is a slider that allows you to adjust the audio delay while playing a video. Press the INFO button on the remote control to display the OSD, select the "Audio" icon, and then use LEFT and RIGHT to move the slider to increase or decrease the audio delay:

video_osd_audio_delay_button.jpg video_osd_audio_delay_slider.jpg

The slider moves in steps, but you can choose the size of the step in "MP Config":

video_audio_delay_step_size.jpg

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom