5.1 flac problem (1 Viewer)

lsf3og

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2010
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :( but thanks anyway. Is Win XP still an option for now and the foreseeable future because i think it doesn't have the mentioned pin-problem.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    :( but thanks anyway. Is Win XP still an option for now and the foreseeable future because i think it doesn't have the mentioned pin-problem.
    Depending on your setup you could just use six analogue connections to your amp.
    I have no issues with HDMI on Windows 8 but I know the issue you mention is no different in Win8 as it is in Win7.

XP is going out of support very soon and it will cease to be a supported OS for MP at some point soon too so I would not go back to XP.

Have you actually tried the HDMI route?

lsf3og

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2010
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I have and I had every problem one could have with Hdmi on Win7 ;)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes I have and I had every problem one could have with Hdmi on Win7 ;)
    I had a fair few problems with XP a few years ago (Which I think was a combination of the Xonar HDAV soundcard and Onkyo receiver) . I ended up buying a HDMI Detective which is certainly not cheap but I have never had any HDMI issues since :)

There are lots of tweaks out there now and there is a build which is trying to resolve some of the specific HDMI issues in MP. (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/call-for-tester-for-1-4-0-features-and-fixes.114566/)

Last edited:

lsf3og

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2010
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    129$ is really a bit above my price range... and sadly (a bit dramatic) none of the tweaks worked for me. The test build did nothing for me either. I guess i just have to wait.

lsf3og

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2010
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am rethinking the Hdmi option, but I don't get more than stereo on my receiver. Do I have to check or uncheck any options in lav or mp options like upmix to 5.1 or convert to channel layouts?

volpar

April 13, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok so its been 2years for this thread. Any changes for the Hi-Res folks? I am looking to build my first HTPC and go all in for the streaming (Netflix, hulu, sling tv, and tidal music, and my local library of stuff) Audio is going my first priority. then ATSC tuning.
    Erin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom