[Music] 5012: Start current music track from the beginning (2 Viewers)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Map new action to button, when need playback again, press this button, if need previous press previous button.

There's no button left on my remote control. :unsure:
    The behaviour described is default with almost all other media players.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The behaviour described is default with almost all other media players.
    We don’t have action will go back, we have action to play the previous track. And this action works exactly as it is described. It will not be convenient for me if I click on the previous track, the current one will start playing from the beginning. If there are no free buttons, you can always press play the previous track and immediately click play the next track. :coffee:

There's no button left on my remote control.
    Strange, I have a lot of them free. :whistle:

Look - Mapping Buttons
    You can define different actions on one key depending on the window, define the key in the music playback window as a new action, and in other places it will work as before. :)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Interesting! But I see no chance to make an action dependent on the current track playback position or how long ago its button was pressed before.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    But I see no chance to make an action dependent on the current track playback position or how long ago its button was pressed before.
    Make settings, in Music playing Window set some button for Play Again, and in other window this button will do the same as before, call the program, open the CD drive, etc.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I always use the Now Playing window for music playback. Any idea how to fulfil the original request?
    If skip backward button is pressed the currently played track starts from the beginning.
    If the skip backward button is pressed twice within a short period the previous track from the playlist is played.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Need add settings in MP Configurator, and make changes in music plugin for this behaviour...
    But i dont know how make this... And it’s not interesting to do it, to be honest ... :)

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @horned_reaper
    I still don’t understand why not use the new action? What is your remote control? Is there really not a single free button ...

Here it’s possible to redo the mapping of buttons, add a double click, but I really don’t know anything here.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your efforts!
    I use a SONY RM-MCE10E remote control:
    1587110774623.png

There's no free button which I don't use for another function and its label fits to the track restart function.
    Moreover, users are used to use the skip backward key for this function from other common media players.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    There's no free button which I don't use for another function and its label fits to the track restart function.
    Map PLAY_AGAIN action to Record button, or to Red, Green, Yellow, Blue button, or to Music button? but only in Music Palying Now window (add new condition in mapping settings) ...

PS: @CyberSimian @Stéphane Lenclud Is it possible in the mapping of buttons to hang an action by double-clicking a button? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom