[6/10] Black & White 1080 v0.8 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

michi216

Portal Member
February 23, 2008
First of all aj1405 i *really really* like your skin and i think its the best out there at the moment.

But I think Soob is right and the whole color icon stuff isnt improving your skin. I have to say that i wasnt happy when you added the small icons for folders and the permanent menu with icons in music, weather and pictures.
I think that the whole thing shouldnt look like Explorer but like a cool media skin (which it is).

I think the whole basic home stuff could use a slightly different direction - for example i really like the aeon wide 1.2 solution for basic home - that looks amazing without using icons but using fanart (which is already integrated in your skin very well).

One more thing - i use media portal for playing my mp3 collection a lot - and i really like the "now playing" screen - in my opinion this screen could use some improvement too - at least the name of the song and the artist could be somehow highlighted (bigger letters eg) - do you intend to implement the "best tracks on the album" and "similar tracks" - stuff?

Thanks for considering this and once more thanks for your great work!

aj1405

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
But I think Soob is right and the whole color icon stuff isnt improving your skin. I have to say that i wasnt happy when you added the small icons for folders and the permanent menu with icons in music, weather and pictures.
I think that the whole thing shouldnt look like Explorer but like a cool media skin (which it is).

Try deleting all
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Black & White 1080\Media\button_

exept
button_new_mail.png
button_asc_focus.png
button_asc_nofocus.png
button_desc_focus.png
button_desc_nofocus.png

And use this:
View attachment 27076

NB: You're going to get a lot of missing files errors in your log.

I think the whole basic home stuff could use a slightly different direction - for example i really like the aeon wide 1.2 solution for basic home - that looks amazing without using icons but using fanart (which is already integrated in your skin very well).

I'm not going to change the basichome since I'm using a mouse to operate MP.
The Aeon basichome is useless with a mouse.

Try to copy these media files from Aeon/media to Black & White/media:
mymenu_
menu_
vignette.png
time_panel.png

And use their menu generate to overwrite the B&W basichome.xml

One more thing - i use media portal for playing my mp3 collection a lot - and i really like the "now playing" screen - in my opinion this screen could use some improvement too - at least the name of the song and the artist could be somehow highlighted (bigger letters eg) - do you intend to implement the "best tracks on the album" and "similar tracks" - stuff?

I need to take a closer look at "best track" etc. It should have been implemented, but I see now that it's not. Even replacing it with the B2 skinfile does not solve it.

leeamorg

Portal Member
September 6, 2008
Home Country
England England
Text Alignment

Hi All,

Gr8 skin m8 :D

There is just a few things which are a little bit irretating which i'm hoping you can solve with a simple resolution. I've attached a screenshot of MyVideos. For some reason the position of the text is not quite right. Firstly when a movie is highlighted the text is not central its located at the bottom so chars like j & y will drop below the focus, same applies for the top bar and lower bar. Also the film title is overlapping with the star rating and the film info is to close together. I started amended the XML file but i noticed this wasnt the only page this was an issue it was all pages for the top and lower bar. I've looked at your screenshots and all your alignments look perfect so i'm thinking its a font size issue somewhere, i'm hoping i'm not the only one who has had this issue, so any help is appreciated.

I've also included a screenshot of MyTV to show the title is overlapping with the plot don't know if this issue is related to the above or not. I was going to start changin all the XML files but i'm hoping somebody has an easier solution.

and yes my resolution is at 1920*1080 :D

Cheers, Lee

Attachments

• MyVideos.jpg
    MyVideos.jpg
    328.7 KB
  • MyTV.jpg
    MyTV.jpg
    249.3 KB

leeamorg

Portal Member
September 6, 2008
Home Country
England England
Well i was determined to sort this before i went to sleep and i have solved my own problem. Basically it was to do with the DPI Font settings in display preferences. I had it set to a larger scale because i found it easier to read whilst using the PC on my 40" TV, but i changed it to the original DPI setting and it now looks great. But i was wondering if there was a way to set the font size within the skin instead of reading the font size from the system.

This has obviusly fixed the TV section too, but i did notcie that when the plot was scrolling there was no gap in between the title and plot it was literally touching migbht be worth moving the title a few notches up just a thought.

Cheers, Lee

Attachments

• MyTV.jpg
    MyTV.jpg
    312.9 KB

VashStampede

Portal Member
August 16, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Nice update again! Been waiting to install it with a fresh install of RC3. It seems all is working well. :D

aj1405

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Well i was determined to sort this before i went to sleep and i have solved my own problem. Basically it was to do with the DPI Font settings in display preferences. I had it set to a larger scale because i found it easier to read whilst using the PC on my 40" TV, but i changed it to the original DPI setting and it now looks great. But i was wondering if there was a way to set the font size within the skin instead of reading the font size from the system.

This has obviusly fixed the TV section too, but i did notcie that when the plot was scrolling there was no gap in between the title and plot it was literally touching migbht be worth moving the title a few notches up just a thought.

Cheers, Lee

Fix:

Attachments

• mytvhome.xml
    30.6 KB
  • mytvhomeServer.xml
    30.6 KB

leeamorg

Portal Member
September 6, 2008
Home Country
England England
Tv Guide

Thanks for the amended XML.

I've also noticed another slight issue, RE: The TV Guide. The top timeline doesn't seem to be in line with the vertical line which shows the current program.

I'm at work at the momment so can't post a screenshort but even if you look at your example provided you will see that they do not line up.

I will upload a screenshot when i get home.

Cheers,

Lee

aj1405

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Thanks for the amended XML.

I've also noticed another slight issue, RE: The TV Guide. The top timeline doesn't seem to be in line with the vertical line which shows the current program.

I'm at work at the momment so can't post a screenshort but even if you look at your example provided you will see that they do not line up.

I will upload a screenshot when i get home.

Cheers,

Lee

Have a look at:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/skins-50/tvguide-slider-positioning-42115/
0001483: Time frame in TV Guide confuses users. - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Buddha

Portal Member
March 16, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Anybody got myYoutube working in RC3? I get the mainscreen but when I press either categories or search nothing seems to be happening. Standard Bluetwo skin works just okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom