720p AVI Stutters and MKV has no sound! (1 Viewer)

todd3835

Portal Member
October 27, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, I have some MKV Rips of a Japanese Anime that I would rather not re-rip. They play just fine in the DivX+ player on my HTPC machine, but they have no sound when played in MP. MP See's them as "SD 4x3" "H.264" "Audio+" and "Subtitles". I've never seen the Audio+ before (they are dual audio, so I'm guessing that's why). While it's playing, is there a way to select audio or something?

For another problem, I have some shows I recorded from Disney before my tuners stopped working (screw you comcast). I have 6 episodes of this show for my son, and they play absolutely fine in WMP. When playing in MP, they stutter so bad it's unwatchable. They show up as "HD 720P" "XVID" My "SD 4x3" XVids and "SD16:9" Xvid's all play fine, so I'm guessing it's some kind of problem with 720p files, but the machine can handle them outside of MP. Is this a codec issue from within MP? I just don't see why it would playback fine in WMP but not in MP?

-Todd

todd3835

Portal Member
October 27, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well, I hadn't realized there was codec settings inside the config =] Changing the video renderer to the top one fixed my 720p playback. For the MKV files, I realized they only played properly in VLC and DivX+ (the default somehow), but not in WMP. Installing the directshow filters from Vorbis were no go, but when I installed the CCCP Codec pack (think I got the link from the MKV wikipedia entry), the MKV Audio finally showed up. Life is good again. Re-ripping 7 seasons of a show, as well as 13 specials and 3 movies of one series just didn't sound like fun......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom