A bit confused (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey,

I'm a bit confused with everything that's currently going on in the WebService-area. First we had MPWebServices and iPiMP, which are currently more or less stable and usable. Then there was a plan to develop a unified API for webservices and remote control (using WCF if I remember correctly), so that all the webinterfaces could share code and we can call MediaPortal from every language & system that supports SOAP. However, I can't find any topic about this?

Now I read a lot of topics here about remote controls and web interfaces that seem to start the fragmentation (again). I'm also a bit confused about the TvServer/MediaPortal split. Since multiseat is supported, I think there should 2 separate services for them, but I can't find any trace of that.

Can someone clarify the current situation to me?

Thanks!

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    However, I can't find any topic about this?
    Because it's not released :)

Now I read a lot of topics here about remote controls and web interfaces that seem to start the fragmentation (again).
    Well most discussions about remote controls and webinterfaces are mainly about UI design which should be fragmented but some of us also try to keep the backend in a central and unified service.
    Unless i'm not sure whether most active devs agree on this strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom