A couple MP2 Questions (1 Viewer)

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    I installed MP2 on my local machine and a few things have been confusing for me.

1.) The schedules direct plugin does not show up when you launch the MP2 SetupTV icon. It is there for MP1 however.
    2.) Is MPExtended required for TVE3? It seems like from the docs it is, but from other online comments it appears that there might be native support? How do I enable MP2 to talk to TVE3? Do I need to install MP1 to get the TVServer? Do I need to change config files?
    3.) I keep getting graph errors, and I cannot figure out why for the life of me. I have attached my MP2 server logs. Any advice would be appreciated.

That being said, I do like the way that the movies and series sections worked. Setup for those was a breeze.

I think that TV setup has always been the hardest part of MP and unfortunately that appears to continue to be the case.

Thanks,
    Matt

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    2.) Is MPExtended required for TVE3? It seems like from the docs it is, but from other online comments it appears that there might be native support? How do I enable MP2 to talk to TVE3? Do I need to install MP1 to get the TVServer? Do I need to change config files?
    MPE is not needed any longer as TVE 3.0 now is included in MP2 Server as a plugin. That's what we generally call "native". If you've installed one MP2 Server and (as much as you need) MP2 Clients (no matter if it's on the same system than the MP2 Server or not) that is all you need to have TV up and running. You even don't need to install and run a SQL Server. Simply configure the TV part with the configuration tool (link is in start menu and on desktop) as you are used to (it's nearly the same than the MP1 one). And all clients are having TV working then.

I keep getting graph errors, and I cannot figure out why for the life of me.
    You are using analogue TV tuners, if I read the logs right. For those you need to install 3rd party software (decoders) to get it working, software we're not allowed to include in our package. As I never used MP together with analogue tuners I don't know exactly what to do. Have a look at the WIki. There you will find how to install and configure those.

About schedules direct plugin, best is to ask @breese as he's using it too...

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    Thanks for the answers. I will test atsc channels and see if I get the same errors, but my analog tuners work fine in MP1 on the same box, so I am wondering how to nail down what is going on.

Looking forward to comments on the schedules direct plugin.

Thanks,
    Matt

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    what i know
    MP2 inbuilt TVE : don't work with MP1 Client, ( out of box, you need to modify few stuff " i don't know what")

MP2 Server + MP1 1.12 TVE Multiseat (dedicated server) : You need MPExtended on TV serveur, for use TV with MP2

MP2 Server + MP1 1.12 TVE Singleseat : It can Work with MP1 & MP2, need to modify few files too.

@morpheus_xx : correct me if wrong.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Looking forward to comments on the schedules direct plugin.
    Unpack the 2 files in the zip.
    Stop the MP2-Server pprocess
    Put them both in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3\Plugins
    Start the MP2-Server
    Go into the TV Setup application and configure the SD Plugin (user name, password, etc)
    Check the box for Force full guide update on next Tv Service startup (under Advanced Options).
    Quit the TV Setup
    Restart MP2-server process

Attachments

• schedules direct.zip
      163.5 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is now possible to register MPFileWriter.ax
    In principle we should not even need to register filters, as they are loaded from filename. An unfortunate exception is the IPTV source filter in combination with TVE3 code: here we need a registered filter (TVE3.5 will not need this!)

The issue above probably is cause by a broken file in published version. The linked archive above should fix this, just need some confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom