A Couple of {On-going} Issues Within Various MP Versions (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey just wanted to add, you are not alone, i kind of have same problem, just much longer start time.

If i delete MediaInfo.dll, movie wil lstart right away, but then mepo crash a few secunds after :(
    But anyway i have 100% confirmed that MediaInfo.dll is the reason for my long wait time before playback.

Im on a 64 Bit system win 10, i see it looks like you are to...
    " Im thinking about if this make be a solution, to take the 32 bit MediaInfo.dll and put it in a folder called x86, maybe that one dont have problem"
    I see from your logs you have same WARN like me: "[Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - Library MediaInfo.dll was not found at .\x86"
    Have you tried earlier versions of MediaInfo? The attached one works for me. BTW -apologies for not looking back here sooner. Have a few other projects on the go, concurrently.
    Not to mention: damn Windows 10. Did a feature update, on my desktop rig, & it blew the bootmanager to pieces. Had to totally reinstall my last OS image,as it wouldn't recognise my MBR, for some reason -at least it was only a few days old:mad::mad:
    @1gkar
    can you test this MediaPortalSetup_1.25.000_2020-08-18-11-10.exe
    it's updated mediainfo with latest @yartat release.
    Hi Azzuro,
    I can test it, just not sure when, as I don't have any test rig facilities. So would need to temporarily install over my present MP1.25 setup. Which, works fine, with the attached version of MediaInfo loaded.

Attachments

• MediaInfo.zip
      878 KB

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @1gkar
    can you test this MediaPortalSetup_1.25.000_2020-08-18-11-10.exe
    it's updated mediainfo with latest @yartat release.
    Hi Azzuro,
    Made some time to test the supplied version:

Testing Procedure:
    updated from default MP ver.1.25 Summer Edition
    Loaded MP started the following video files -in both setups {Yartat, & Default versions}:
    {LOF} = Loss of Focus, on Yartat version MP:

Moving Pictures:
    -Alien Nation -DivX
    -American Gangster -XVid {LOF}

TVSeries:
    -Fringe S01E01 -H.264 {LOF}
    -ST-TNG S03E15 -H.264 {LOF}
    -The Expanse S03E01 -H.264
    -Stargate SG-1 S08E01 -XVid {LOF}

RecordedTV:
    -Programme 1 -*.ts -H.264
    -Programme 2 -*.ts -H.264

Afraid to say, the test version failed in two areas:
    -slow load times, for older filetypes; up to 12 seconds read time, for MediaInfo ver.20.08 -as shown in the logs
    -terrible for causing loss of focus: had to alt+tab out of, then back into Mediaportal, to load display porperly -just shows black screen

Have reloaded the default MP, with the older Mediaportal ver.0.7.26, & not once did it experience loss of focus, with maximum load-times of about 2 seconds.

Hope this helps. I will continue with this version of MediaInfo, as it is easily the best version I have come across, for MP, utilsing older video encodes.

Addendum:

For those with good load-times, of the older codec types; what form of GPU do you have? I'm wondering if it's an Intel issue, in conjunction with other factors, like MediaInfo.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_23_08_20__15_42_Yartat_Test_Ver.zip
      1 MB
    • MediaPortalLogs_23_08_20__16_18_MediaInfo_Ver7.26.zip
      1.2 MB
    Last edited:

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Have you tried earlier versions of MediaInfo? The attached one works for me. BTW -apologies for not looking back here sooner. Have a few other projects on the go, concurrently.
    Not to mention: damn Windows 10. Did a feature update, on my desktop rig, & it blew the bootmanager to pieces. Had to totally reinstall my last OS image,as it wouldn't recognise my MBR, for some reason -at least it was only a few days old:mad::mad:

Hi Azzuro,
    I can test it, just not sure when, as I don't have any test rig facilities. So would need to temporarily install over my present MP1.25 setup. Which, works fine, with the attached version of MediaInfo loaded.

WEEEE PERFECT!!! loads in 1 second, any file i try to play, no more waiting 55 seconds..
    thanks a lot, im going to use this one from now one, new one is just crap haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom