A decoder for the new track could not be found. track type: SRT/UTF8 (1 Viewer)

badbyte

January 2, 2009
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hello,

I'm new to MP and let me say that its a great media center software, i tested a lot of software and this is my choice, i can do everything i need with it, but i'm having just a little problem with x264 .mkv files on MP 1.0.
Every time i play a mkv movie i get this popup msg: "A decoder for the new track could not be found. track type: SRT/UTF8".
I made a quick search on the forum and i found out that its becouse of the subs included in the mkv files, but i could not find a solution to fix it.
I'm using this codecs: Xvid-1.2.1-04122008, ac3filter_1_51a, CoreAVC Professional Edition v1.8.5.0 ( with Haali media Splitter 1.8.122.18) and VobSub_2-23 for the subtitles.
Everything is working fine , all movies x264 and xvid play ok, with ac3 and dts sound. Subtitles are working with the xvid movies also, my only problem is with the mkv files.
I already tested removing VobSub_2-23 but i still get the popup msg. Does anyone know how can i fix this?
I would like to have subtitles on my movies, in the case of the mkv files i would prefer to use separate subs like in the xvid but if that isn't possible i don't mind not using subs at all.
Not getting the popup msg is the most important.
If anyone knows how to solve this please give me a little help.

Thanks in advance

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think what's happening is that MediaPortal does not auto load VobSub when you're playing mkv files so there's no filter that can take care of the SRT/UTF8.

You could try opening Start Menu -> Haali Media Splitter -> Media Splitter Settings -> Options -> Compatibility -> Autoload VSFilter and set it to Yes.

Another way could be to add VobSub to MediaPortal Configuration -> Videos -> Video Post Processing. That will load VobSub every time you play a video file.

BTW instead of using all those codecs you need only Haali and ffdshow. ffdshow can replace Xvid, AC3Filter, CoreAVC and VobSub. If you're using ffdshow as video decoder you wouldn't have to Autoload VSFilter in Haali or add it to Video Post Processing. Simply enable ffdshow's subtitle support. Good luck :)

badbyte

January 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    thanks for the reply vuego but i already found the problem.
    i had done all the things you are saying but still didn't work but then i noticed that i was using an older vsfilter version.
    I installed vsfilter.2.39 and the popup msg is gone, and subtitles are working fine, both external and embedded. just need to Autoload VSFilter yes in Haali Media Splitter , no need to change Video Post Processing.

Thanks anyway.
    :)

TheClaus

Portal Member
    November 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the fix I updated my VSFilter and viola. As for running FFMPEG I prefer CoreAVC. It works so much better than ffmpeg on HD content.

Milos Jacimovic

August 1, 2012
    Cuprija
    Home Country
    Serbia Serbia
    I think what's happening is that MediaPortal does not auto load VobSub when you're playing mkv files so there's no filter that can take care of the SRT/UTF8.

You could try opening Start Menu -> Haali Media Splitter -> Media Splitter Settings -> Options -> Compatibility -> Autoload VSFilter and set it to Yes.

Another way could be to add VobSub to MediaPortal Configuration -> Videos -> Video Post Processing. That will load VobSub every time you play a video file.

BTW instead of using all those codecs you need only Haali and ffdshow. ffdshow can replace Xvid, AC3Filter, CoreAVC and VobSub. If you're using ffdshow as video decoder you wouldn't have to Autoload VSFilter in Haali or add it to Video Post Processing. Simply enable ffdshow's subtitle support. Good luck :)

I'm using Bs Player but I cant find this-Start Menu -> Haali Media Splitter -> Media Splitter Settings -> Options -> Compatibility -> Autoload VSFilter and set it to Yes.I can't search for it cuz search system on my pc is not working,help please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom