A few problems with latest SVN release (1 Viewer)

Sypher

Portal Member
June 13, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
With the latest "stable" version (non-svn) everything worked OK.
But there are some problems with the latest SVN version. I also have some suggestions to improve it.

Problem 1: Fanart
The Fan-art downloader isn't working ok. If you switch fanart, you have to go back to the main view and then to the show to see the new background.

Problem 2: (don't know how to call this)
I'm using the "unwatched" option to only show the episodes that I still have to watch. With current shows there is mostly only one to watch. When you're done watching using the stable version, it goes back to the MyTV-Series main menu. Using the (latest) SVN version, it just shows an empty list. You have to press back twice, once to go back to the "season" overview (which is empty obviously) and once again to go back to the main menu. Pretty annoying.

Problem 3: Main view is sometimes not good
Again with the odd title. My main view normally displays rows of 3 banners each. Sometimes instead of three, there are two and the third one is starting at a new line. Going back to the main menu and then returning to MyTV-series main view it's corrected.

Problem 4: Descriptions are sometimes mixed up
Sometimes the show-descriptions are mixed up. This usually happens when there is a new file added in the background, which gets picked up by MyTV-Series. Going back to the main menu and MyTV-Series plugin main view corrects this.

Also, using fanart sometimes causes MP to hang.... But this hasn't happened anymore, I'll keep an eye on this.

Suggestion 1: No fanart, please tell :p
If there is no fanart available for a specific show, please make it so that it tells you there isn't fanart available. Staring at a black screen is dull ;)

Suggestion 2: Fanart downloading progressbar
I'd like to see a progressbar when its downloading. At this moment you won't know if its downloading or not.

Suggestion 3: Automated Fan-art rotation
It would be nice if the fanart rotates between the locally available fanart-files.

I'm using the latest RC2 of MediaPortal.
Well. thats it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom