A few questions from someone that just stumbled on here. (1 Viewer)

tacroy

Portal Member
March 3, 2005
I have a pc that i built into a old record player. Currently I am just using it to play back anime and music and the occasional game. I was rather content with this until i was given a AIW 9000. And now i would like to add tv / tivo capabilities to the box. (watch tv, record, timeshift) Also I like being able to control everything with the remote that came with the AIW 9000 instead of a mouse. I dont really have much money (poor just out of college married kid) and was wondering if i could get it to work with the current system specs.

PIII 550
512 pc100
AIW 9000
AIW 9000 RF remote
Cheap soundcard (2 outputs)
Windows XP (could downgrade to 2k if that would be better)
Generic 10/100 NIC

Thank you for your time and insight.

tacroy

Portal Member
March 3, 2005
Heh,
I plan on it. I just wanted to know opinons about what *might* need to be changed so that when i fail horribly i have idea what to work on. (ie would 2k be better than xp) Ive been reading the forums and looking for opinions, just trying to get a clearer idea of what might be the case while i am actaully able to get out of work and start poking at things. Has anyone had any luck with a similar system setup?

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    Currently ATI aiw cards are not so good choice for use with MP. There is several issues with them.

Let's hope situation get's better when tvengine v2 ships.
    CoolHammer

tacroy

Portal Member
    March 3, 2005
    What sort of issues? Just no time shifting? Or bigger issues? On that note when is version 2 set to get out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom