A few questions - n00bcake here (1 Viewer)

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
Just a few questions:

- When I view a video on youtube, it has the option to choose video format and resolution. There is a number in brackets there as well. What does that number mean? I've noticed this is youtube specific - so.. I guess this is different for every site?
- I can add videos to favourites, but can I add entire sites or feeds within sites?
- Because there are so many sites (which is awesome) is there an easy way to say, turn off all non-english sites, or "deselect all" and then choose just the ones I want?
- Some sites (tedtalks.com) buffer the video but do not ever launch it... kind of a hang, although I can always press "stop" and it's ok. I think it's a codec thing, as the codec test does similar. How can I control the codecs in use?

Thanks!

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Most of the things you ask for can be done:
    1. Youtube numbers their video sizes/codec versions. That is shown in the menu, thats all. Some sites do, some don't, some name them. Unfortunatly there is no proper rule to recognize the best one.
    2. You can use the site builder utility. Start the MP config, go to plugins (might need to switch to advanced view), select Online Vids, and click config.
    3. You can edit this also in the config utility, makes it easier to do so.
    4. Some do hang, you might try pressing play again, this should instruct the player to stop buffering & start playing. You can check the codecs in the .... config tool ;)

coopers

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2005
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Ok, thankyou for that information - how do I tell onlinevideos which codec to use - is it using the same codec settings as "videos" configuratoin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom