A little Survey Discussion? (1 Viewer)

tomtotom2

Portal Member
November 23, 2005
Hi all,

I was suprised to see that MyFilms was not in the TopTen of the most used plugins. This Plugin is the Topmost reason for me to use MediaPortal.(Along with TVSeries). So I thought I'd use the "Survey-Momentum" to thank Zebons for his Time and effort, and to ask:

What can we do to help you getting (at least) into the Top 3! :)

I know this is by no means a Platform for "Who builds the best plugin", but I'm a little afraid that the author could be thinking "Why bother...lets all use Moving Pictures", and a little competition can't hurt.
So if there is anyone out there thinking like me (or maybe thinking "What an idiot but what the Heck...nothing better to do"), maybe we could use this thread to talk about what features could be cool & usefull for evryone. (No, I don't mean Cat feeding or doing the dishes kind of Stuff...)

So Lets Start "Mission Top 3"
(At least as long Zebons is OK with it)

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
A new myfilms is going to be released soon, as long as I know

ftothe3

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
i was very surprised when i saw that myfilms wasn't even an option on that survey question. maybe that's why it ended up in other.

like you i use mytvseries+myfilms.

chano22000

Portal Member
April 28, 2009
Thanks tomtotom2 for your initiative to advertise Zebons awesome plugin.

MyFilms is for me the major reason to use mediaportal which current video section is very limited.

Thanks again Zebons for your polished work.

o0X0o

Portal Pro
August 19, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Agree - was very surprised that this plugin with a userbase/profile that warrants it's own forum didn't get its own option in the survey.

My biggest issue is with fanart. If you change movies too quickly it flickers between the currently selected movie and the previous one. This has been reported any number of times, but seemingly never resolved. In additon to the headaches, it makes the solution look dodgy (which it is definitely not).

And the thing Moving Pictures has over My Films is native auto-import functionality, and is probably the biggest barrier for new users.

Appreciate all the effort to date, and would love to help further the cause - top 3 is definitely achievable! Unfortunately I lack the skills to assist with development, but would be a good tester...

tomtotom2

Portal Member
November 23, 2005
So here are some Features I gathered in MyFilms Forum

-Auto Import
-Better Fanart / Automativ Fanart Loading
-Trailer support
-"Direct PLay" Option
-Import from Extreme Movie Manager and/or maybe others
-Different Instances /Configs in Main Menu(Basic Home)

Sad to say my programming knowledge by far isn't capable enough for plugin programming (If you need to Programm your VCR...I'm your Man!)
But I'll gladly help in any other way

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I also love MyFilms and would be very disappointed if it's dropped because of the survey. I also voted for it under "Other"......so keep up the good work.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I think MyFilms is currently much more flexible - but more difficult to get it up and running - I belong to the group using MyFilms and MyTVseries as the most important plugins too ;-)

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    what survey are you talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom