A missing recording with 0.2 RC1 (1 Viewer)

flixbix

Portal Member
October 30, 2004
Hello together,

has anyone else the following problem?

I programmed the following three TV-movies yesterday (monday, 31th):
1. GZSZ on RTL
2. Lost on Pro 7
3. Numbers on Pro 7

I made the following configurations in the MP setup:
start a recording 5 minutes earlier
stop a recording 30 minutes later
This was no problem in the former version of MP. There I used 0.1.1.1 and the recording was:
1. GZSZ started 5 minutes earlier and stopped at 20.15
2. Lost startet at 20.15 up to 21.15
3. Numbers started at 21.15 und stopped 30 minutes later then in the program.
Now I've got the following problem with the 0.2 rc 1:
1. GZSZ startet 5 minutes earlier and stopped 30 minutes later at 20.45
2. Lost ist completly missing
3. Numbers started 30 minutes earlier and stopped 30 minutes later (20.45 - 22.45)

Is it possible to configure MP in this way, that it only reordes the former or later time, if there is no other recording? The EPG also shows no problems with the recordings. There are no "!" which would show two recordings at the same time.

Greetings, Felix

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Im not sure why its missing a show but the way the pre/post padding now works is different. While I dont like the change, it seems other think its a more intellegent working.

Basically the first shows padding becomes higher priority than the next show, so you will miss 30mins of the second show and then 30mins of the start of the last show. This is different to the old system where the padding was ignored if shows were back to back.

If you dont want it happening again, there is a menu in 0200 MP to set the pre/post padding settings for every show individually. So if you know theres going to be back to back shows, turn off the paddings for those shows.

flixbix

Portal Member
    October 30, 2004
    Hello Callifo,

thanks for the very quick answer. Wouldn't it be possible to integrate the option to make a choice between the priority system and the old one which ignored the padding if the shows are backt to back? I think, the old one is very good.
    Where can I find the menu, where the pre and post padding could be set individually?

Greetings, Felix

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    In the tvguide when you select record, it has record and advanced recording. Last time I looked at the option, it was in there but it could have changed again :p

flixbix

Portal Member
    October 30, 2004
    Yes, I've got two buttons called pre-record (in German "Vor der Aufnahme) and post-record (in German "Nach der Aufnahme"), but they are both without function :-(
    When will be the posibilty given to add there individual times for each recording?

Regards, Felix

flixbix

Portal Member
    October 30, 2004
    Now, there are times from 1 to 19 minutes behind the two buttons. So it looks good. I still had no time to try it, but I will do the next days.
    I find 1 to 19 minutes is good for pre-record, but for post-record I would enjoy another system, so that it would be possible to get 45 minutes more or something like that, because some live-shows are sometimes many minutes over the end-time.
    I would suggest to do it the following way:
    Minutes:
    Standard
    or a similar way...

Regards and compliments for the great work,

Felix

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom