A newbie questions about IRSS (1 Viewer)

Brad Bell

July 20, 2015
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

I am really new to MediaPortal. I downloaded it because I am a long time user of Windows Media Centre which is going the way of the Dodo bird with Windows 10.

I have spent a couple of days getting familiar with stuff. I downloaded MP 1.x and IRSS and finally got that working with my IR Blaster. I then notcied MP 2.x and figured I should be loading the more current product.

The problem is that after installing MP 2.x, I install IRSS and the options for installing the MediaPortal plugins are greyed out. It says that mediaportal is not installed.

I have rebooted, un-installed and re-installed, verified that services are running, restarted the services etc. Is there something different about configuring IRSS with MP 2?

Thanks,

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm not very sure about the answer, because it is a long time ago since I looked into IRSS.

The installer doesn't know about MP2, this is right. You just install the service as standalone component. MP2 itself contains already an IRSS Client plugin, which tries to connect the local installed IRSS (see C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\IrInput).

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes, i confirm

MP2 IRSS Client is included in plugins package. when you setup MP2
    But the MP2 understand only MCE Code. So you need to have IRSS set for use "abstract key code"

Brad Bell

July 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I did some more looking around after my post. Unlike MP 1.x, it looks like when you install MP 2.x that it does not install any kind of TV server. There are a few references to SlimTV but there isn't an obvious production candidate for this that I can find anywhere.

I am guessing IRSS says that MP is not installed because this TV component is not installed.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unlike MP 1.x, it looks like when you install MP 2.x that it does not install any kind of TV server.
    MP1 installs a service "TvServer", which provides TV feature.

MP2 install a service "MediaPortal 2 Server", which hosts the MediaLibrary and also the so called SlimTV.Service3 plugin. This plugin works like the standalone service of MP1, just running inside MP2 process.

The IRSS installer doesn't know about MP2, this is what I wrote above. Does this blocks you from installation of IRSS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom