A REAL Media Portal Games Plugin (1 Viewer)

zag2me

Portal Pro
April 11, 2006
Home Country
England England
I just wanted to give it a push. I made a new concept design.
Maybe I (or better we) get attention by some programer. Like I already said, I would really like to help with design and ideas.
I don't know what is really possible in MP, it's just a concept for one game. But it would make MP perfect!

That first mockup with the menu items is awesome.

I might be able to modify the movie-xml site to something like game-xml that stores the location of the standard install executable, has some screenshots, some cover art ect. Is there any interest for this? Movie-xml is great and all but very few users have actually added information to the database.

This would work in the same way as thetvdb.com but just for games.

The plugin would still have to be written for media portal though.

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
June 24, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
come on ladies! this would be a nice think. maybe the guy from "my emulators" can add pc games to his great plugin. don't know if it helps, but it kicks that idea back on page 1! :D

Ryoga79

Portal Pro
January 14, 2007
This is something i _definately_ would like to see, and is pretty much the last thing i feel like i'm missing from my HTPC. I'm all thumbs when it comes to coding, but can definately help with testing. Perhaps we can work with Zsori (the guy that runs tvdb) to duplicate it for games? Alternatively, maybe we can set up something to scrape game collector connect, or some other site like that....

Not to derail the thread, but Zag2Me, i noticed you have a 3.2 tb server...how do you have that set up? What hardware (NAS Case specifically) are you using? I'm looking to rebuild my server soon, and am trying to decide what to get...

ShAddiX

Portal Member
June 24, 2007
Let's hope for such a plugin (or maybe an external program) for MP2 ;)
I don't think anyone would work on something like this for MP1.

A great implementation would be a plugin with some kind of layer system.
This means, when you play the game, you still have the option to go back to MP while you're playing.
So you could show games informations, read the manual or chat with friends on a layer over the actual "game layer" where the game is rendered.
Furthermore you could go back to the MP menu and the game is still running (in pause modus) in a little window, just like a video.

An author called "@ruantec-Man" is working on a front-end with this layer system. It will be a light and handy front-end, so nothing like MP. But it has very good ideas (choosing the game with coverarts, the layer system etc.)
So the "MP2 games-plugin programers of the future", check it out ;)

http://forums.ngemu.com/web-development-programming/93148-testers-needed.html

(you have to register to see the screenshots, the lasts posts contain screenshots of the newer builds)

@ruantec-Man

January 31, 2008
Home Country
Nice Concept.... it shouldn´t be hard to code actually(not as a plugin but as a stand-alone app)...

i guess what you wanna do is something similar to this(check out the pics).. am not ready with it yet tho... but am working on it to bring a release soon ;)

i have to admit this project hasn´t been easy for me as am the coder and designer of the hole thing... so in other words i code and design images(skin) for it myself.

anyways my project is open for ideas and that´s the reason i opened the thread on your link.

btw am the one you mentioned in your last post ShAddiX

Attachments

• aes.jpg
    aes.jpg
    68.5 KB
  • aes2.jpg
    aes2.jpg
    69.5 KB
  • aes3.jpg
    aes3.jpg
    62.1 KB
  • aesmario.jpg
    aesmario.jpg
    52.9 KB
  • aesffx.jpg
    aesffx.jpg
    68.1 KB
  • aesffx-1.jpg
    aesffx-1.jpg
    57.1 KB

ShAddiX

Portal Member
June 24, 2007
I know, and I'm REALLY happy to see you here =)
You could push this idea over the line, because the new version of MediaPortal has a lot of new features.
But i have no idea in how far this would help for such a plugin.

btw: I'm looking forward to @ES! =)

@ruantec-Man

January 31, 2008
Home Country
well my app is not for compete with other apps over the net... to be honest i didn´t knew about MediaPortal before.. but i´ll definitelly try it out because it seems to be nice(probably because i limit myself to my own apps).

@ES is not a plugin but a stand-alone app. i just found this post casualy while i was looking for something on the net(google).... other than MediaPortal @ES renders games in the @ES main layer but they can be displayed at fullscreen... anyways i think is not good to post to many things of my app... because it could sound like am promoting it here which is definitely not my goal ;)

@ruantec-Man

January 31, 2008
Home Country
Just wanted to inform that my app has been released here !!! for everyone that want to test ;)

btw the style and menus has changed since the last time i posted pics of it here...

anyways the main reason for my post is because i have a question........ ShAddiX can i use your concept in my app??? i could easily add that concept to the rom browsing menu... so if is not a problem for you i could use your concept ;)

please contact me as soon as you can ;)

Greetz
@ruantec-Man

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom