A REAL Media Portal Games Plugin (1 Viewer)

antoshka12

February 25, 2008
My Games Plugin for mp woulb be awsome!!! I hope that @ruantec-Man will find some interest in MediaPortal cuz such a plugin would almost complete a htpc.

ShAddiX

Portal Member
June 24, 2007
He's really busy with his work and his project (@.E.S.), so there is no chance at the moment.
But maybe someone else can do this for MP2, I still hope someone will start such a project for MP.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    This looks awsome - Just too bad nothing like this ever has been coded for MP.

Hope to see it some day.....My programs is too outdated:-(

K1lo

Portal Member
    November 22, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just want to throw my few pennies into this. I would *LOVE* to see something like this, the simple reason is that it replicates the six foot interface which is the only reason I am envious of my console gaming peers. Also, I know it is a separate project, but if this were included with MyEmulators that would rock.

Massive +1 from me.

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    Awesome!!!!!

I am an old skool pc gamer at heart. One of the main reasons I spent sooooooooo much on building my HTPC was gaming in mind.
    I must say that Grid, CAD wow etc etc etc absolutely blow away my 360 and my bothers PS3 on the graphics/ effects front.

I have been using My programs Alt for a long time now, but since RC4 it doesn't work for me anymore? I loose all my TV channels etc when Myprograms alt gets installed. I eventually have to reinstall mediaportal completely to fix it.

So now I have no way of getting nice cover art and info etc for all my games.

It would be really nice if there was a moving pictures type of pluggin or something to have nice backgrounds, and details for each game that was in there. I know you can build a database with ANT or something but I am not a coder :(

I REALLY WISH I WAS sometimes!

I cant believe that media portal has so many pluggins and so many people involved that there isnt that much support for games (not emulators)!!

Surely there must be LOTS of people with media centers that play games on here???

Is it worth doing a poll to see exactly how much interest there is?? Just a thought.

PLEASE can a coder pick this up and run with it.

Here's wishfull thinking

Regards

Kev

K1lo

Portal Member
    November 22, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    Are there any guides for writing plugins in C++ for media portal? If so, I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom