A thank you and a sleight annoyance

Discussion in 'IR Server Suite (IRSS)' started by Brian Penix, September 2, 2013.

1. Brian Penix

Brian Penix New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    First, I do want to thank the developers of this software (both Media Portal and IRSS) for bailing my butt out of a sticky situation. Let me explain my setup and why I am giving this thank you (and more importantly, making a donation when I get the funds!)

I recently bought a new laptop computer that came with Windows 8 Basic. As I am sure you are well aware, Microsoft saw fit to remove Media Center from the Basic license and only make it available as a paid stand alone program requiring Windows 8 Professional at a total cost of over $100.00. I have extreme health issues and huge medical bills limiting my funds at the moment. Suffice it to say that I had to find another avenue to get my Adaptec AVC-3610 Dual Tuner to be more than the paperweight Microsoft saw fit to turn it into. Media Portal to the rescue! It took a bit of digging to get this setup right and everything works like a charm!

Now onto the minor annoyance... As I said above, everything works like a charm however, processor usage jumps to over 50% once I am done watching my shows and close Media Portal. Investigation found that it is IRSS eating it all up. Worse, it will stay that way until I reboot. Once rebooted, the process goes down to the normal 1% or less until I use Media Portal again. I am telling you this simply as an FYI and don't know if others have experienced this issue. I am fine with the rebooting since it only happens when I use Media Portal on this machine. Use of the server on other machines seems to work fine. I even got it to interface with my Toshiba TV! What more can one ask for...lol.

If there are any logs or anything you want from me, just ask and I will do whatever I can if you wish to look into this issue. It is not pressing since, as I said, everything works which is far more than I had to start with!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!