A way to "send" music or videos to mp ? (1 Viewer)

whilliam

Portal Pro
May 8, 2005
Mont-de-Marsan, France
Home Country
France France
Hi everybody.
I'm trying to find a way to send videos or music from my android phone to mp to watch and listen it on my tv where mp tv server is running ?

Like the chrome cast can do it or apple air display.

Is there a way by using upnp method/plugin or something like that ??

Thanks for your answers !!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I don't know if there is a plugin for MP1 (I'm a "MP2 Guy" and you are asking in the MP1 forum), but this is something I'm doing daily with MP2. For MP2 there exists an UPnP Renderer Plugin that does exactly what you want. With this plugin installed every MP2 Client can act as a full blown UPnP Renderer...
    If there is no plugin for MP1 and you don't want to change over to MP2 only for this, you may look after an "UPnP Renderer" Program for Windows OS. I'm not using it on Windows, only on Android and here BubbleUPnP is able to do what you want. So if the Windows version of BubbleUPnP isn't that different to the Android version you may be able to use Bubble instead of MP for this... I'm sure there are more programs like Bubble that offers an UPnP Renderer so I'm sure you will find what you like...

whilliam

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2005
    Mont-de-Marsan, France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Lehmden.
    Thank you for your answer.
    Why not trying MP2, but i need to check compatibility with plugin that i'm using everyday and particularly one: mp extended with webmediaportal to also stream media to my phone with ampdroid.
    I've found an upnp plugin for mp1 but i fear it could be outdated (2012) : https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/plugins/search-3?searchword=upnp

Lehmden: what are your impressions with mp2 ? Is it stable ? How is the Woman Acceptation Factory (WAF) at home with MP2 ?? :p:p

It's Christmas holiday and i'll have time to test all that ;o)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 12-26-15 at 12.05 PM.JPG
      Screen Shot 12-26-15 at 12.05 PM.JPG
      148.3 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If you need MPextended and WebMp then you need to wait until next year... MP2extended is under heavy development right now. There are test- versions to find already but they are not feature complete atm... Maybe a month or two until this is done...

what are your impressions with mp2 ? Is it stable ?
    I'm using MP2 "productive" since a year now and I never will change back to MP1 again... There are a few things still missing (especially in the Audio part) but the overall advantages compared to MP1 are enormous imho... Stable? For me it is better than MP1 in this point. But I had probably more than average issues with MP1 (e.G. never got TV stable in MP1 because of permanent SQL server issues, those are gone completely as MP2 did not need any SQL server at all) and maybe less than average issues with MP2... About "WAF"... As far as I know the WAF of any HTPC application is near to zero. Most women only want to turn on TV and watch "American Idol"... :D;) So any HTPC is way to complicate most of the time...

whilliam

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2005
    Mont-de-Marsan, France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    thanks for information concerning mpextended and webmp. Happy that it will be maintained in mp2 release. :))

In my case i can say MP1 is very stable regarding to my configuration. Big job have been done regarding to 10 years ago lol
    TV engine is more stable and more reactive. It's a good thing for mp that it has freed itself from sql server in mp2 verson. (y))

I think i'll try the old upnp plugin i've found and wait for mpextended devloppement.

Ok for the waf lol (it was essentially for stability reason ;o) )

Have a nice sunday !

whilliam

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2005
    Mont-de-Marsan, France
    Home Country
    France France
    You could jump to MP1 Upnp renderer plugin thread to check if its latest versions are working for you https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/a-way-to-send-music-or-videos-to-mp.133149/#post-1167547
    If no and upnp is essential feature for you then go to mp2.

Hi,
    Sorry but the link you put to your message refer to my question ... I've tried to search in other thread in forum but didn't find something.
    Just found this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...p-upnp-renderer-process-plugin.104959/page-24

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom