Ability to follow & play shortcuts (.ink files) (1 Viewer)

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all,

I would really like to be able to open shortcut files to media files in MePo. Especially in the My Videos section. Does anyone know if there is a way to get this done? I've tried adding the .ink extension to the supported file formats. This makes them show up in the shares view now, but clicking them won't play the linked content. I've found a plugin that would add the functionality, but that one is last updated in 2008 :rolleyes: . Is there a workaround to get this done, or should I file a feature request?

For anyone who's wondering why this function is desirable: My personal reason that I have a 2TB+ collection of documentaries. As there exists no good management tool or MePo plugin for this kind of collections, I use the My Videos plugin to access them. The documentaries are sorted in about 25 or so categories (folders). But some documentaries cover more then one topic. So I make shortcuts in those folders which also apply. Works fine in Windows Explorer, but sadly not in my beloved MePo. :(

Searching the forums I found more people desiring this for different reasons. Like for creating a "best-of" folder in My Pictures or being able to keep seeding a downloaded torrent.

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it possible in any way? Or should I file a feature request?

Last edited:

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wouldn't it be a good idea to create nfo files like when using movies? These nfo files hold your categories as genres and fhen you would only need to import these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom