about ANT (1 Viewer)

zxao

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Perry & ringstar. You guys dont know what your missing. I've been using ant for about 6 months and it has totally changed my htpc experience.
Ringstar, you want something like the my TV series plug-in? It's called myFilms and its actually much more stable then tv series.

Here is the point of using ant+myfilms.
1. You get all your movies organized in MP.
2. you can search my title, actor, genre, ect...
3. its a much cleaner layout then the standard "Videos" section.
4. You can select a movie and then read a description, review, imdb *rating, cast, length, mpaa rating,ect.
pretty much any info regarding the movie is presented to you in a very clean view.

I have over 600 movies and have only seen maybe 200 of them. With myfilms+ant Its like going to the video store and browsing their selection every time i use my htpc.

It takes a tad bit of learning but once you get it you'll be so glad you did.
And hey, there are some REALLY helpful posts in here. any question i ever had has already been asked and answered. I really recommend you guys give it another shot.

IMHO no htpc is complete without myfilms+Ant.

perry59

Portal Member
June 17, 2007
Lebanon, Oregon
Home Country
Well, I just might give MyFilms/Ant another try.
Since I have a number of short little avi's & mpg's which MP dont
know anything about since they are not on IMDB, and I did get
Ant to work with DVD's once I upgraded its scripts.

ringsting

Portal Member
July 9, 2007
Xi'an, China
Home Country
Hi Zxao

What I mean by wanting it to be more like MyTvShows is that I should be able to point it at a directory and then it scans imdb for all the films, asking me to confirm which film when it is not sure. So far from what I can tell is that I have to point to the file on my hard drive and then run the imdb script, go to the imdb website find the movie url for the movie, copy and past it back into ants and then re do the url to point at my file again. seems a bit long winded to do this for every movie, maybe there is an easier way of doing it but the help files on ants were useless.

zxao

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
Home Country
Ringsting, man no wonder you dont like ant! yeah there is a much easyer way to d/l movie info. Rather then using the imdb script I use the allmovies script. it gets much more info and higher res images. And it does it like your saying about mytvseries.

1. hit add movie and select file on drive. (there is also a way to do a batch import of all your files at once, you can find info on that in other topics here)
2. update with the allmovies script.
3. if it cant find the exact movie it will list the closest matchs and let you choose.
4. it shows you a list of all the info it pulled from that movies page on allmovies.com and you select what info you want and what info you dont want to update.
5. your done. in less then 1min 5clicks i add a movie and have its title, cast, mpaa and imdb ratings, length, discription, and review all neatly and cleanly placed in ANT ready for display in MP.

I'm gonna go see if i can find the helpful posts in here that i used.

perry59

Portal Member
June 17, 2007
Lebanon, Oregon
Home Country
thanks for all the info.
I learned more about Ant from this post than I ever got from its "help" file!
Will definately play with this some more.
BTW ringsting, for a guy from China, you sure are good with english, even know some of the
old "jargon". Must be some very good schools in Xi'an !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom