About the web browser plugin... (1 Viewer)

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
I checked the Wiki and got the web browser plugin to work. It's really cool! I have a few questions though.

Is it possible to make text bigger (as in Internet Explorer)? The reason I wonder is that it's near impossible to read web pages on a telly (mine anyway).

I am using the MCE remote and could only scroll pages up and down. I couldn't find any buttons to get the virtual keyboard, the back/forward buttons etc. Have I missed something or?

Thanks for a great plugin!

/Moltas

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Moltas

Have same problem with MCE remote if you use a mouse it will go to other icons otherwise you are limited to only 3 buttons is this correct or am i missing something, love the idea of surfing from the armchair just need better vision and or bigger display

Ray

moltas

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2005
    Sweden
    I think that the problem isn't the size of the telly rather the resolution. Even with HDTV the resolution is low compared to a normal PC.

/Moltas

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    The minimum resolution for the webbrowser was 800x600 and since the resolution of a SDTV is 720x576(480), its not sufficient to use the browser properly. Distance makes it even worse to the point that a lot of people find it unusable.

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    Hi,

Web browser indeed need some resolution 1366x768 with 32" is ok for browsing. Still i would like to enlarge text a bit.

CoolHammer

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    moltas said:
    I think that the problem isn't the size of the telly rather the resolution. Even with HDTV the resolution is low compared to a normal PC.

/Moltas

My HDTV has a resolution of 1920x1080. This is nowhere near low compared to a normal PC, or at least not to me considering my desktop PC is run at 1280x960.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    moltas said:
    I checked the Wiki and got the web browser plugin to work. It's really cool! I have a few questions though.

Is it possible to make text bigger (as in Internet Explorer)? The reason I wonder is that it's near impossible to read web pages on a telly (mine anyway).

I am using the MCE remote and could only scroll pages up and down. I couldn't find any buttons to get the virtual keyboard, the back/forward buttons etc. Have I missed something or?

Thanks for a great plugin!

/Moltas

Yes , it is possible to make the text bigger through a user style sheet.

I have updated the wiki from the older one that had the information on how to do so.

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/dokuw/plugins/webbrowser

F9 or the context menu key will switch between the menu and the web page for the up down left and right keys.

dakota_ii

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Hi,

I couln´t find the way to exit the webbrowser... :oops:

How do I return to the "home"-screen ? ESC is not working.
    I am using the MCE Skin.

Marcus

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    dakota_ii said:
    Hi,

I couln´t find the way to exit the webbrowser... :oops:

How do I return to the "home"-screen ? ESC is not working.
    I am using the MCE Skin.

Marcus

Alt-F4 , just kidding... its a bug that I will have to address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom