AC3 2 channel audio through LAV filters to home amp - no audio

Discussion in 'Codecs, External Players' started by BBloke, August 11, 2014.

1. BBloke

BBloke Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hi All,

I've tried to do a search to see if I can find an answer on why I have this little issue when it comes to audio in some files.

The trouble is the audio is encoded as 2 channel stereo AC3. It's sent to my home amp as AC3 via SPDIF as it thinks it's dolby digital. Alas, when it gets there nothing can be heard.

If I change LAV filters and uncheck Dolby Digital AC3 passhtru off then the audio is back. I'd rather not have to do this as it's a pain. Do I have a setting wrong or should I try and recode the audio into MP3 stereo and remux?

If the audio is just sent to my normal speakers everything is ok. I have MP 1.8.0 and LAV 0.62.0 installed. It's such a PITA.

Any help would be really nice and appreciated.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!