AC3 Filter not Loading. Only Stereo sound on movies with MP3 (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: 0.1.1.1
Skin: MCE
CPU Type: AMD 2000+
Memory: 256Mb 300Mhz Single Channel
Motherboard Chipset: Nvidia NForce2
Video Card: ATI 9500
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6517
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: N/A
Audio Codec Type & Version: N/A
TV Card: N/A
TV Card Type: N/A
TV Card Driver: N/A
Optional Log: N/A
Optional References: N/A

Synopsis: When MP now loads an avi (the previous version 1.0.5 did not have this problem) it does not render the graph as it should and include ac3filter. If you are using analog out this precludes the user from having 5.1 out from a stereo MP3 soundtrack in an avi.

I have looked @ the source & it occurs when MP adds an audio renderer to the graph. It seems then not to include any of the usual filters that are built when the graph is rendered by a normal graph.render(??File??). call one would normally use in Directshow. If the manual addition of the audio renderer to the graph is not carried out everything works as it should.

This thread also refers to this problem and at least 2 other people have found the same solution to work.

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6338&highlight=ac3

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You may have to unregister the Dscaler Audio decoder or reduce it's merit.
    Try this first...

At the command prompt go to the Windows\System32 directory and the type REGSVR32 /U MPEGAUDIO.DLL

The re-run MediaPortal and see if the AVI now plays in 5.1

If not please do this...

1. In Graphedit go to 'File' and then 'Render Media File', choose your AVI you're having problems with.
    2. Take a snapshot of this Graph
    3. Play it and ensure you're getting 5.1 sound
    4. If succesful exit GraphEdit

And then do this...

5. Start MP in a Window
    6. Goto the AVI in question and play it.
    7. Minimize MP
    8. Start Graphedit
    9. 'File' -> 'Connect to Remote Graph' and choose the Graph
    10. Take a snaphot.

Post both snapshots here please.

DMAN

A

Anonymous

OK - I unregistered the dscaler audio Filter, but don't think that this has anything to do with the problem as the graphs look the same as before

The Graph rendered by Media Portal (When adding audio renderer) looks like this

7x17.avi --> AVI Splitter --> Divx Decoder Filter --> VMR 9
    ____________________ --> Mpeg Layer-3 Decoder --> Default DS Device

The graph rendered by graphedit is

7x17.avi --> AVI Splitter --> Divx Decoder Filter --> VMR 9
    ____________________ --> Mpeg Layer-3 Decoder --> AC3Filter --> Default DS Device

When Mediaportal does not load the audiorenderer (as described in the first post) the graph looks the same as the one generated by graphedit.

PS - Maybe we should rename Mediaportal to Media PortoFC - maybe then we would win :twisted: [/img]

M

Mirrha

Still not fixed

In 0.1.2.0 this is not fixed yet. I still use the workaround described in this topic.

First I thought it was fixed, but that was because some files have AC3 sound, yet only two channels in the AC3 stream, forcing it to use the AC3 filter and make 6 channel out of it.

A

Anonymous

Not to sound impatient but just to confirm no resolution as yet has been found.

dman_lfc - Is there anything else you need ? Have you been able to confirm this bug as others have done?

If not possibly it is a hardware configuration specific bug. Meybe more investigation is warrented

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry I thought I replied to this earlier - this is not a bug with MediaPortal but with the A3 filter itself.

Basically what MediaPortal does is it add the VMR9 filter and Direct Sound filter into the IGraph and then renders the media file you're wanting to play. By doing this the AC3 Filter does not get inserted into the graph by default.

Hence why if you edit the xml and remove the Direct Sound reference it works.

The only way we can 'work around' it is by forcing the AC3 filter to load by adding a configuration option to MyVideos.
    It can be done however - you'll have to be patient for this to be sorted.

DMAN

A

Anonymous

Kewl

Thanx for the reply. At least we know we are not crazy.

I'll try to work on a patch for this myself when I get an opportunity :evil: and will submit when done - If nobody else has solved this by that time.

ZeiZei

Portal Member
    November 19, 2005
    Finland
    dman_lfc said:
    Basically what MediaPortal does is it add the VMR9 filter and Direct Sound filter into the IGraph and then renders the media file you're wanting to play. By doing this the AC3 Filter does not get inserted into the graph by default.

Hence why if you edit the xml and remove the Direct Sound reference it works.

The only way we can 'work around' it is by forcing the AC3 filter to load by adding a configuration option to MyVideos.

Has anyone seen any progress in this? I still need to remove the line from the portal.xml or is there another way to enable this.

And what is meant by "forcing the AC3 filter to load by adding a configuration option to MyVideos"? I have AC3Filter in my options, but this need to remove the line etc..

Why I want this so much is that my mp3 sound (music and movies) crackles weirdly??? I don't have any problems with movies encoded with DD or DTS sound, but mpeg 1 layer 3 sound. And I have tried Filter manager and all different codecs, problem with mp3 sounds don't go away. The only way to tackle this, is to force mp3 encoding through AC3Filter to 5.1.

Can someone shed light on this.

BoelShit

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dont have any problem running movies with 5.1 sound..... AC3filter works perfectly. Only thing I did notice is that when setting in setup the sound device to Example: Audigy2, it doesnt work, setting it to default directshow blabla it works like a charm

Maybe try that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom