Accessing SMB shares without a user logged in on Server

Discussion in 'General' started by riggnix, March 18, 2015.

1. riggnix

riggnix Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    Hi!

I'm trying to get media import working for network shares without a user logged in on the server.
    I'm using a dedicated server and multiple clients.
    Version: Weekly snapshot (2015-02-22)

When a user is logged in on the server, everthing works as expected. MP2-Server uses the credentials of the logged in user.

I tried setting the network credentials to exactly the user who is usally logged in, but I can't seem to get it working.

In the Server Logs i found the following:
    Code (Text):
    1. [2015-03-18 16:32:14,440] [44999392] [61       ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Refresh for path '{03dd2da6-4da8-4d3e-9e55-80e3165729a3}:////RIGGNIX/Serien', MediaCategories: 'Series,Video', including subdirectories requested...
    2. [2015-03-18 16:32:14,471] [44999423] [117      ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: Scheduled ImportJob(#4) (Activated) (Path ='{03dd2da6-4da8-4d3e-9e55-80e3165729a3}:////RIGGNIX/Serien', ImportJobType='Refresh', IncludeSubdirectories='True')
    3. [2015-03-18 16:32:15,039] [44999991] [117      ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker.ImportJob(#4): Activated
    4. [2015-03-18 16:32:15,516] [45000468] [53       ] [WARN ] - ImporterWorker.ImportJob(#4).DirectoryUnfoldBlock: Error while processing PendingImportResource '{03dd2da6-4da8-4d3e-9e55-80e3165729a3}:////RIGGNIX/Serien/American Dad/' (parent directory={03dd2da6-4da8-4d3e-9e55-80e3165729a3}:////RIGGNIX/Serien)
    5. System.ArgumentNullException: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.
    6. Parametername: source
    7.    bei System.Linq.Enumerable.Select[TSource,TResult](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
    8.    bei MediaPortal.Extensions.ResourceProviders.NetworkNeighborhoodResourceProvider.NetworkNeighborhoodResourceAccessor.WrapLocalFsResourceAccessors(ICollection`1 localFsResourceAccessors)
    9.    bei MediaPortal.Extensions.ResourceProviders.NetworkNeighborhoodResourceProvider.NetworkNeighborhoodResourceAccessor.GetChildDirectories()
    10.    bei MediaPortal.Common.ResourceAccess.FileSystemResourceNavigator.GetChildDirectories(IFileSystemResourceAccessor directoryAccessor, Boolean showSystemResources)
    11.    bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.MediaManagement.ImportDataflowBlocks.DirectoryUnfoldBlock.<ProcessDirectory>d__3.MoveNext()

There is one of these for every folder in the network share.
    Is there a special way to enter the network credentails, or is this a bug (I just put in the the windows user name and password, without domain)?

Regards,
    RiggniX

Last edited: March 18, 2015
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MrTechno
    • Team MediaPortal

MrTechno Development Group

Ratings:
    +515 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    @MJGraf is doing some work on this.

4. Lehmden
    • Team MediaPortal

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,600 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    This is a bug, but a fixed one. The work on this nearly is finished and the testing version is doing well. Only some cleanups need to be done. This will make it most likely into the next weekly.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. riggnix

riggnix Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    Great, thank you!

6. MJGraf
    • Team MediaPortal

MJGraf Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1,372 / 1
    Yep, just sitting at an Airport waiting for my flight and using the time to finish that part... Let's see if I can get it ready until Friday. Will be tough but I'll try...

7. riggnix

riggnix Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    Just saw the 2015-04-03 build. Is this fix in there? If not, can I help somehow?

I tried finding out via the GitHub history, but there are so many commits, I don't really know what to look for ;)

8. MJGraf
    • Team MediaPortal

MJGraf Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1,372 / 1
    Yep, it's in there :D
    When you try it, please remember that you have to re-enter your network credentials under Settings->ServerSettings->Network Credentials
    Have fun!

9. breese
    • Team MediaPortal

breese Retired Team Member

Sr. Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +768 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    It appears to be working...
    Go into Settings
    Go into Server Setings
    Network Credentials

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!