Acer Aspire Revo 3610 Atom ION 330 (1 Viewer)

dingbatt

Portal Member
April 3, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
This thread has been quiet for a couple of months but I have a question now MP1.1.0 is out. Here in NZ our free to air digital TV is MPEG4 and I use the codecs provided by WMC7 to watch HD TV. How well does the Revo 3610 cope with HD TV?
I'm looking to use it as a client sitting beside my TV and want to continue using MP, I have found that my HTPC with an AMD5400 and Nvidia 9600GT struggled to output at 1080p without stuttering and I have had to drop its resolution back to 720p now that I'm using MP1.1.0.

PhilUK

Portal Member
March 27, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This thread has been quiet for a couple of months but I have a question now MP1.1.0 is out. Here in NZ our free to air digital TV is MPEG4 and I use the codecs provided by WMC7 to watch HD TV. How well does the Revo 3610 cope with HD TV?
I'm looking to use it as a client sitting beside my TV and want to continue using MP, I have found that my HTPC with an AMD5400 and Nvidia 9600GT struggled to output at 1080p without stuttering and I have had to drop its resolution back to 720p now that I'm using MP1.1.0.

Unfortunately here in the UK, HD freeview is now being broadcast on DVB-T2 after trials were run on DVB-T so everyone here needs new receivers for freeview HD. I am still waiting for a DVB-T2 usb stick to become available so I can try HD on my revo 3600.

As it stands maybe someone with a satellite receiver who can get HD can help you here or someone who lives somewhere that DVB-T is used for HD transmissions?

From my experience my Revo 3600 (Single Core, 3GB Ram and Windows 7) is happily capable of running HD movies (in mkv format) since most of the processing is being done by the ION graphics chip. Obviously if the CPU is decoding the HD stream from the tuner it may be a bit more streuous so i'm not sure how it would fare to be honest.

Hope this helps and hopefully someone else will be able to provide a more hands on insight...

Cheers!
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
Replies
Views
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
Replies
Views
You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
Replies
Views
I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom