Actor artwork when using Titan (1 Viewer)

u28151

Portal Pro
March 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

There seems to be a problem using Titan skin and autoimport of actor artwork from Internet. When entering movie description of the film the grabber would normally start downloading images to my configured artwork folder for actors. So it does if I change skin to default wide.
I also have some errors in error.log together with Titan which I don't for Default Wide.
Don't know if this is a pure skin problem so you better tell me if this is wrong place to post :)
Thanks!

One more thing:
During download there are .chk files created but aren't cleaned up after successful download.

Attachments

• Default Wide Actor.jpg
    Default Wide Actor.jpg
    216.1 KB
  • MyFilms Config 1.jpg
    MyFilms Config 1.jpg
    145.2 KB
  • MyFilms Config 2.jpg
    MyFilms Config 2.jpg
    145.7 KB
  • Titan Actor.jpg
    Titan Actor.jpg
    244.5 KB
Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi u28151, thanks for the report. A quick look into the logs didn't show me an obvious reason for the problems, but the exception on screen loading can of course lead to interruption of downloader start routine.
    However, I could reproduce the exceptions here - they're caused by missing sin controls. Will fix the exception for next release, so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.
    For now, you could just add two button controls with IDs 105 and 106 to the MyFilmsDetail.xml skin file, that should avoid the exception.

Re chk files: Those are intended to stay there, because we do not have DB info about what person images where checked or not and when. Those 0 byte chk files will make sure, that myfilms will only check for images once in 60 days and not each time you enter a movie.Thus you'll get updates from time to time, e.g. when internet sites have new image without too excessive webrequests all the time...

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi u28151, thanks for the report. A quick look into the logs didn't show me an obvious reason for the problems, but the exception on screen loading can of course lead to interruption of downloader start routine.
    However, I could reproduce the exceptions here - they're caused by missing sin controls. Will fix the exception for next release, so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.
    For now, you could just add two button controls with IDs 105 and 106 to the MyFilmsDetail.xml skin file, that should avoid the exception.

Re chk files: Those are intended to stay there, because we do not have DB info about what person images where checked or not and when. Those 0 byte chk files will make sure, that myfilms will only check for images once in 60 days and not each time you enter a movie.Thus you'll get updates from time to time, e.g. when internet sites have new image without too excessive webrequests all the time...
    You're the man - Introduced the 2 missing controls and the download is working for Titan skin. Thanks a million!
    ...and now I have an explanation for the .chk files. I cleaned them up myself manually, but then I will let them stay - even if the number of files will become quite large :)

A little request...is it possible to add an option within MP GUI to download all actor images in the database just like the fanart for the movies?

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    There is an option in AMCU on the Database fields tab to Load persons images when you download fanart. It is disabled by default because it can significantly increase download time.

One way to do it via GUI is to display the Persons view - i.e. display all persons in your database, then select Updates from the Context menu and Update info for all persons. IIRC it works in the background so you can let it rip while you are watching a movie ;) and continues until you exit My Films. Maybe @Guzzi can confirm that.

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    There is an option in AMCU on the Database fields tab to Load persons images when you download fanart. It is disabled by default because it can significantly increase download time.

One way to do it via GUI is to display the Persons view - i.e. display all persons in your database, then select Updates from the Context menu and Update info for all persons. IIRC it works in the background so you can let it rip while you are watching a movie ;) and continues until you exit My Films. Maybe @Guzzi can confirm that.
    Created an actors View and are now able to download actor images (and that way it does not produce and .chk files :) )
    I'm a happy man - thank you both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom