Adaptec VideOh! DVD Media Center PCI Edition (aka avc-2410) (1 Viewer)

syscrusher

Portal Member
January 17, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: RC2
Skin: cant remember the name it was whatever was selected as default though.
Windows Version: WinXP SP2
CPU Type: AMS Athlon XP 2400+
Memory: 1024MB DDR333
Motherboard Chipset: Gigabyte GV-7VAXP Ultra
Video Card: Radeon 9800+
Video Card Driver: Latest Catalyst Driver, 5.13
Video Card Resolution: 1280x768
Video Render Type: not sure
Video Codec Type & Version: ??
Audio Codec Type & Version: ??
TV Card: Adaptec VideOh! DVD Media Center PCI Edition
TV Card Type: hardware
TV Card Driver: latest from website v1.21
Optional Log: not sure what this is
Optional References: ??

Hi, I'm a little new to media-portal. However, I have done some searching on this topic to no avail. Apologies nonetheless if my topic has already been answered.

Yesterday, I did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro. I installed Motherboard, Video Card, TV Card, Wifi Card etc etc drivers. Windows was updated to its latest version and the latest version of .NET framework was installed.

I also installed all the necessary codecs, and MP 2.0RC2

Back to the tv-card - it comes with a version of WinDVR3 - which works fine (not great - just fine). The point is - it does work.

According to this page (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/dokuw/install/capturecards/start) - the card is natively supported by MediaPortal, however, nothing I try within MediaPortal seems to achieve anything (not even static). I tried manually scanning for channels, but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone suggest if I'm doing something wrong? Is there something I can try? Is it a lost cause?

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

What exactly happens? You speak about "manually scanning"; do you mean autotuning? Also, do you get any messages when trying to add the card or when you try autotuning?

Try re-adding your TV-card in configuration, then try autotuning. Post any warning messages you get and the mediaportal.log / error.log.

Kind regards,
    Michel

syscrusher

Portal Member
    January 17, 2006
    scoop said:
    Hi,

What exactly happens? You speak about "manually scanning"; do you mean autotuning? Also, do you get any messages when trying to add the card or when you try autotuning?

Try re-adding your TV-card in configuration, then try autotuning. Post any warning messages you get and the mediaportal.log / error.log.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Hi,
    It a little difficult to remember exactly - because last night was my first time trying it, and I'm currenty at work - so can't check it. So please excuse me as I am a little unfamiliar.
    I didn't get an option for autotune I'm afraid. As best as I can remember I ws asked to select a region (possibly for EPG) from a drop down list - which only included about 5 places (none of which were Ireland - where I'm from). This was from doublie-clicking the MediaPortal Setup link on the desktop.
    Within media portal I tried a setup wizard. Which recognised the card and gave me an option to manual scan for TV channels - which took a long time and resulted in nothing (it then went on to scan for radio channels - which had the same result - not surprisingly since i have no radio tuner :D).

Anyway, forgive me if this is all a little sketchy - I'll post again later when I get home.

Thanks,
    David

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

I see, the "manual scan" is indeed the same as autotuning, and the way it is described in the wizard. The region selection allows looking up your TV channels via an online service provided by MediaPortal. If your country/place isn't listed, your only option is to "manual scan" / "autotune".

When you're at home, start MediaPortal setup (not the wizard) either by pressing F2 when MediaPortal is running or by clicking on the "MediaPortal Setup" icon on your desktop. Then goto Television --> TV Channels to see if there are any channels listed there. If not, try autotuning again and post any errors/logfiles if no channels are found. If there are channels listed, click on the TV Cards tab and make sure the TV channels are actually assigned to your TV card there.

Good luck,
    Michel

syscrusher

Portal Member
    January 17, 2006
    thanks for the replies guys - I'll give it a go later - and post up with my findings - hopefully we can sort this out!

syscrusher

Portal Member
    January 17, 2006
    well gentlemen, last night i downgraded to the 1.3 MediaPortal Release and my card worked right off the bat.

Now i just need to get the EPG working.

Mike_D

April 9, 2006
    Any update on this? I was having some weird issues in the 0.2 RC so I'm trying to downgrade right now.

Also, any idea what the issue is? I know some DirectShow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom