[TV] Add new tab on TV channel with last updated channel info (3 Viewers)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

i have one idea for improvement,
    i detected than few channel can change many times their frequency on DVb-S protocol,
    and are not updated since many time, or are not used anymore.
    Can you add an new tab on channel section, with the last update day ?
    more easy for remove old entries without check every channel one/one.

Sure, on TVE3.5 branch.

@mm1352000

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can you add an new tab on channel section, with the last update day ?
    more easy for remove old entries without check every channel one/one.

Sure, on TVE3.5 branch.
    Yes, I can look at adding a "last update" date and time for channel and tuning detail records. This would be for TVE 3.5 only, and the values would be read-only.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes, I can look at adding a "last update" date and time for channel and tuning detail records. This would be for TVE 3.5 only, and the values would be read-only.
    perfect, yes, this value are only help to remove easily channel not present anymore on transponder or not updated

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    about the format of the date/time, i suggest
    yyyy-mm-dd hh-mm-ss
    at least the sort function will work fine.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Question: when you say "update", do you mean "found in scan"?
    In other words: if a service (channel) is found in the scan but all the details in the database are already correct (ie. no change required), should the new "last update" field be updated or not?

Question: how should I handle channels with multiple tuning details?
    (Each tuning detail has its own "last update" value. Which one should be shown in the channel list?)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i will try to reply you easily
    when you say "update", do you mean "found in scan"
    yes

if a service (channel) is found in the scan but all the details in the database are already correct (ie. no change required), should the new "last update" field be updated or not?
    yes, if channel is found without change, it replace the date as "updated"

how should I handle channels with multiple tuning details?
    not sure to follow you, i hope not be off-question :
    perso i use only "one channel = one tuning detail", i never set an channel with multi tuning detail.

but maybe if an channel include more than one tuning detail, with different day/time value
    set the text : "Multi Value" as replacement of the day/time text and inside the channel edit, show all day/time for each T-D

and on this way, add an other tab with howmany tuning detail are included inside the channel.
    =TV-Server_Configuration_-_TV_Channels_-_Add_Edit_DVB-IP_Tuningdetail.png

Or maybe in future improvement, create an new subsection under TV Channels : Tuning Details (maybe with tab dedicated by type of tuningdetail )
    and list all tuning detail présent with all information, if i choose to delete the TD, the channel must be udpated.
    like this one ( at minimal, if the section includ all TD in the same page ) :
    Name | Set in channel | Type | last Update
    RTL5 | RTL5 | DVB-S | 2016-12-01 19:20:30
    RTL 5 | RTL5 | DVB-T | 2016-03-08 18:12:58

and buttons permit to edit, create, delete , preview the channel.

in case, you want create one tab for each type, example for DVB-S type
    Name | Set in channel | Diseqc| Frequency | Symbol rate | ... | last Update
    RTL5 | RTL5 | 1AA | 119535000 | 27500 | ... | 2016-12-01 19:20:30

PS : now in France, Channel like to change their name often, can you try to do, to update the channel name when TD name is changed ?

i know, i ask you lot of work. and maybe not wanted feature. so let me know what doyou think.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes, if channel is found without change, it replace the date as "updated"
    This may slow down scanning speed significantly because all/most database records have to be touched. I don't know if this is a good idea.

perso i use only "one channel = one tuning detail", i never set an channel with multi tuning detail.
    Okay, but not everybody is the same as you. In the UK it seems quite a few people have access to the same channels from satellite (Freesat and/or Sky) and terrestrial DVB-T/T2 (Freeview), and they want to merge them. Same here in NZ. We need a solution that works for everybody (...or almost everybody).

I'll consider your suggestions, thanks. :)

PS : now in France, Channel like to change their name often, can you try to do, to update the channel name when TD name is changed ?
    Already done. :)

When a channel has one tuning detail, update is automatic.
    When a channel has multiple tuning details, the scanner checks the current (old) TD name and the current channel name:
    • if (current TD name == current channel name) => channel name and TD name are updated
    • if (current TD name != current channel name) => TD name is updated, but channel name is not updated
    P.S. Same logic is used for automatic channel number updates. ;)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks. I will create a new post i hope daily , i m out of computer now,

I think, adding the date/time on Channel section, is not the best way, like your usage of multi TD inside one channel, but only a tab with number of channel inside, for information.
    The best way is to create an new subsection, as proposed on previous post, with dedicated settinf proper to TD. And better for not surcharge the scanning time, because scanning update the value one/one for each TD.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I'm struggling to understand you.

...but only a tab with number of channel inside, for information.
    When you say "tab", I think you mean "column".
    When you say "number of channel inside", I think you mean tuning details. (Each channel can have zero or more tuning details.)

The TV and radio channels sections already have a column "Tuningdetails" which shows how many tuning details the channel has. So, if you don't want the date/time in a new column, it seems that no changes are needed in the channel sections.

The best way is to create an new subsection, as proposed on previous post, with dedicated settinf proper to TD.
    As I said in my last reply, I'll consider this... but honestly, it seems like a lot of work. If you want to be able to easily find and delete channels that are no longer broadcasting, there are better ways. For example, one way would be to provide the list of [existing] channels that were not found/updated at the end of a scan, and then the user can choose to delete some or all of them if they want to.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry, I'm struggling to understand you.
    i'm sorry MM :unsure:

When you say "tab", I think you mean "column".
    yes, sorry, i'm mistaked everytime

When you say "number of channel inside", I think you mean tuning details. (Each channel can have zero or more tuning details.)
    yes,
    if it's 0 , mean than TD doesn't exist right and this channel is empty ?

As I said in my last reply, I'll consider this... but honestly, it seems like a lot of work.
    sure, i understand, so the best is only my 1st proposal, one subsection proper for all TD entries, with only the type of TD (DVB-S/DVB-T/...)
    and double click on one item foe show the edit dialog.

Name | Set in channel | Type | last Update
    RTL5 | RTL5 | DVB-S | 2016-12-01 19:20:30
    RTL 5 | RTL5 | DVB-T | 2016-03-08 18:12:58

one way would be to provide the list of [existing] channels that were not found/updated at the end of a scan, and then the user can choose to delete some or all of them if they want to.
    it can be an good way, but the user need to copy this list on notepad, and search manualy each channel by filter, and delete it one/one.
    if a channel is deleted the TD set for it is also deleted ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom