Add single item to Playlist (1 Viewer)

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

the last days I spent some time to test the new gorgeous MP 2.1.
    Some points are a bit confusing or complicated, but the two points that unfortunately made me go back to MP 1.15, because it seems:
    • there cannot be scheduled a record for a TV show that already started
    • one cannot queue only ONE item to a playlist (it does not matter if it is music, photo or video), the menu only says "Add all..."
    Since I am in love with the WMC skin I'd truely like to meet up again with MP2, maybe someone can guide me if the problem in the usage lies "between my ears" ;-)

Therefore help is highly appreciated.

@Team Mediaportal: Unbelievable what you achieved with the new MP a new level. Especially the WMC skin really flashed me.

Regards Fafnir

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Both are easy to achieve...
    there cannot be scheduled a record for a TV show that already started

Simply click on a currently running program in EPG and voila, a window pops up asking you what to do. The second options is what you want:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

one cannot queue only ONE item to a playlist (it does not matter if it is music, photo or video), the menu only says "Add all..."
    On pictures there will be a playlist created automatically containing every picture in the recent view. This is to be able to start an instant slideshow at any time. But as on Video you can simply play the very first item that will be automatically added to the playlist as the first item. Then add other items by also try to play them. On Pictures and on Videos you can choose to play it now, add to playlist or play it as picture in picture.
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

On Audio you have two options, play now or add to playlist
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

And you can create playlists external and import them into MP 2.1

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Simply click on a currently running program in EPG and voila, a window pops up asking you what to do. The second options is what you want:
    I assume that Fafnir would like to see a similar dialogue when he presses the Record button on his remote. Is this implemented?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Afaik (can not test it atm) then the recording starts immediately without the dialog, if you are watching the program right now.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On Audio you have two options, play now or add to playlist
    @Lehmden : It is true what you describe, but regardless which of both items I choose, it will still queue all tracks (e.g. of one artist) into the list, not just that single song I clicked.
    We have two children and they often want one song from there and another one from there and again another two tracks from a third artist...this is not possible ATM with the MP 2.1 Installation.

To check this, I installed MP 2.1 just again. I swear, this menu did not Show up before! Now, when I press the OK button the menu shows up to choose whether recording or watching the given show. To verify the problem isn't related to the skin somehow, I tested Blue Vision, WMC and that other blue skin (with XP MCE flavour): Menu wasn't showing up for ongoing TV shows.

All the other Playlist functionality is fine and quite usable, but the above mentioned points where truely irritating.

@Fafnir , given tha above, will you return to MP 2.1? :D
    I already plan to go back...maybe there is a workaround with the music playlist.

Regards and a happy new year to all out there.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I installed MP 2.1 just again
    You can keep both versions in parallel. Just deactivate the respective TV service in Windows services, depending on which version you want to use. You may have to change the autostart settings of MP1 and/or MP2 in order for not starting the wrong version with Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom