[Finished] Add support for zapping by channel number (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Requested in a german thread:
    Zum einen fehlt mir noch die Möglichkeit den Sender per Ziffer direkt anzuwählen beim zappen.

I created this thread to not forget about this feature.

Which numbers will be used for zapping? Indexes inside channel group? Or the logical channel number?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I created this thread to not forget about this feature.
    This is a feature that is definitely needed (I use it frequently with MP1). However...

...Please, please, please ensure that the interdigit timeout is long enough. On all of my TV devices (two TVs, two set-top boxes, one PVR), the interdigit timeout is 2.5 to 3 seconds. This is a comfortable value to apply when one is scrabbling around trying to find the correct digits to press in a multidigit channel number.

The problem with MP1 is that this timeout is far too short, and it cannot be customised. (The "zap" timeout settings in "MP Config" don't affect the interdigit timeout; they affect other aspects of zapping.)

Which numbers will be used for zapping? Indexes inside channel group? Or the logical channel number?
    I use the logical channel number, because this is what appears in programme listings magazines, and is the number that one becomes familiar with.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Annecdotally I would say most people - especially Americans - expect to be able to zap by channel number.
    My suggestion would be to make the behaviour configurable (same as MP1). I would further suggest that default behaviour should depend on whether channel numbers are available or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom