Add the ability to use different Allowed Standby Hours in weekend. (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Description of Change

With this change you can set up different Allowed Standby Hours values in weekend and weekdays in the PowerScheduler plugin.

screen.PNG screen_client.PNG

From WIKI: Allowed standby hours
    Default: 0 - 24, which means always
    Standby is allowed only during the time interval given. You can also select a time interval around midnight (e.g. 23 - 3, which means from 11 pm until 3 am).

JIRA issue

Testing Upgrade your current 1.7.0 Pre-Release installation and try :)
    Please do not forget to give some feedback (also if there is no bug).

Thank you!

Regeszter

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello regeszter
    I was looking into this issue to add a What's New Wiki page, perhaps for MediaPortal 1.8.0 but it seems some options was already changed for the Client Configuration earlier then MediaPortal 1.7.0 that wasn't documented, for example on the Advanced and Legacy tabs.

However now I read that the Client Configuration should be disabled if TV-Server is installed on the same system. It wasn't for me but I didn't enable the Server Configuration of PowerScheduler yet. Once I did that, the Client Configuration shows "Standby / Wakeup settings have to be made in TV-Server Configuration". Now the Client Configuration is disabled even if I disable the Server plugin again. This is surely a bug and allows users to configure Client power saving settings which will later be impossible to change once the Server settings is configured.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... However now I read that the Client Configuration should be disabled if TV-Server is installed on the same system. It wasn't for me but I didn't enable the Server Configuration of PowerScheduler yet. Once I did that, the Client Configuration shows "Standby / Wakeup settings have to be made in TV-Server Configuration". Now the Client Configuration is disabled even if I disable the Server plugin again. This is surely a bug and allows users to configure Client power saving settings which will later be impossible to change once the Server settings is configured.
    This behaviour is since PowerScheduler++ was integrated into MP (MP version 1.5 I think). On a single-seat installation (client and server running on one system) it is necessary to configure the power settings only once (on the server side), therefore most of the client settings are disabled. But it is nearly impossible to distinguish an installed but deactived tv service (which is a client-only installation) from a single-seat installation with deactivated PowerScheduler server plugin. The latter makes absolutely no sense (PowerScheduler must be activated on client and server - also on single-seat systems), so that I would not know how to handle this situation properly (if I could detect it at all).

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom