Add your own backdrops/fanart (1 Viewer)

aj1405

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Add your own backdrops/fanart

Our definition:
Backdrops = Random background graphics
Fanart = Background graphics shown by title, artist etc.

Add your own backdrops:
....\skin\Black & White 1080\Media\animations\

backdrops_other = Basichome, My Home, Settings, ++
backdrops_music = My Music
backdrops_pictures = My Pictures
backdrops_tv = My TV, TV Series
backdrops_weather = My Weather
backdrops_movies = My Videos
backdrops_radio = My Radio

Add your own fanart:
....\skin\Black & White 1080\Media\

fanart_videos_imdb = My Videos (Name the files with the IMDB number)
fanart_videos_title = My Videos (Name the files with video title)
fanart_music_artist = My Music (Name the files with the artist name)
fanart_music_album = My Music (Name the files with the album name)

Videos:
#1 Random backdrop from "backdrops_movies"
#2 IMDB fanart from "fanart_videos_imdb"
#3 Selected item fanart from "fanart_videos_title"

Music:
#1 Random backdrop from "backdrops_music"
#2 Playing artist from "fanart_music_artist"
#3 Playing album from "fanart_music_album"
#4 Selected artist from "fanart_music_artist"
#5 Selected album from "fanart_music_album"

Moving pictures/Films:
#1 Random backdrop from "backdrops_movies"
#2 Builtin fanart

TV Series:
#1 Random backdrop from "backdrops_tv"
#2 Builtin fanart

VashStampede

Portal Member
August 16, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have not tried it yet, but any idea if it is possible to use shortcuts to link to a different folder where backdrops are located?

Master Jedi

October 27, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Help me out here. I can't seem to get it to use a fanart.

I have a video. The title in the database is "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" imdb number is tt0449088. I have an image (jpg format) but I can't get it to display! The movie cover is titled "Pirates of the Caribbean_ At World's End.jpg". I tried using that for the fanart but no go. I also tried the IMDB number and putting it in the imdb fanart folder and no luck. How is this supposed to work?

aj1405

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Help me out here. I can't seem to get it to use a fanart.

I have a video. The title in the database is "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" imdb number is tt0449088. I have an image (jpg format) but I can't get it to display! The movie cover is titled "Pirates of the Caribbean_ At World's End.jpg". I tried using that for the fanart but no go. I also tried the IMDB number and putting it in the imdb fanart folder and no luck. How is this supposed to work?

You cannot use the movie title and place the movie in “fanart_videos_title” since the fanart image name has to be 100% the same as the movie name, this is a problem with this movie since it has a column and the file system does not support this character.

You then have two options:

Option 1
Rename the movie to for example “Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End”
Rename your fanart to “Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End.jpg” and place it in “C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Black & White 1080\Media\fanart_videos_title”.

Option 2
Use the IMDB number.
For this to work you need to import you movie in the MediaPortal movie database (Use IMDB lookup so you’re sure that it contains the IMDB number; I’m not sure if the other ones contains this information).

potc.jpg

Rename your fanart to “tt0449088.jpg” and place it in “C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Black & White 1080\Media\fanart_videos_imdb”.

potc2.jpg
potc3.jpg

Master Jedi

October 27, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the response! I got it to work.

It appears the IMDB lookup function doesn't add all the necessary information to my database. I used it for all my movies, but every one of them was missing information (including the IMDB number, "votes", and "rating"). Updating from IMDB did not resolve the problem. I had to download a MySQL database editor and manually edit the database.

Slight problem... In the "Shares" view, the movies show up as their file name instead of the title in the database (though all the other information from the database is displayed along with the covers). This creates a problem if you choose to name the fanart after the movie title. In the shares view it looks for fanart matching the file name. In the title view it looks for fanart matching the title.

Also, is it possible to display the titles from the database in shares view?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom