Adding August DVB-T210 (1 Viewer)

ColinS

July 17, 2016
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I have just installed this USB Freeview (HD) TV Receiver into my Windows 10 PC. Initially it worked ok but then stopped working and I could not preview any channels. It was reporting that no cards were free, or something on those lines.

The card was listed under TV Servers but with a type unknown. I removed it from the list but now cannot get it back. I have tried uninstalling everything, including drivers, MY-SQL etc but when I reinstall, the device does not show up under TV Servers.

It works fine on another PC so I know that the device itself is ok.

How can I get this to appear in the list again please?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Colin

The card was listed under TV Servers but with a type unknown.
    This means that TV Server has lost contact with the tuner. This is most often caused by driver or hardware state changes.

I removed it from the list but now cannot get it back.
    The list isn't refreshed automatically. TV Server Configuration must be reopened in order to refresh the list.
    Were you aware of that, and have you done that?

I have tried uninstalling everything, including drivers, MY-SQL etc
    Uninstalling MediaPortal and MySQL won't help.
    Uninstalling drivers may help, but not always.

How can I get this to appear in the list again please?
    Try the tip given above (reopen TV Server Configuration).
    If that doesn't help, reinstall the driver and reboot the PC.
    If that doesn't help, please provide log files and we'll try and figure out what's going on.

ColinS

July 17, 2016
    Home Country
    Yes I've tried all that to no avail. What log files do you need and where are they please?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What log files do you need and where are they please?
    The TV Server log files, in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log.
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip/compress all the files in that folder.
    4. Attach ("upload a file") the zip file to your reply.

ColinS

July 17, 2016
    Home Country
    Attached Logs. Thanks for your very quick response on this. I'm impressed.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Attached Logs.
    (y)

Latest log file shows:
    [2016-07-17 07:59:16,858] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Detected new digital BDA tuner device Digital TV @device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_0572&pid_c688#5&36455203&0&2#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{972b7bb1-8149-4a72-b891-83e3c7dfe596}
    [2016-07-17 07:59:16,859] [Log ] [TVService] [DEBUG] - check type with MS NP
    [2016-07-17 07:59:16,876] [Log ] [TVService] [DEBUG] - failed to connect to MS NP
    [2016-07-17 07:59:16,878] [Log ] [TVService] [DEBUG] - check type with specific NPs
    [2016-07-17 07:59:16,882] [Log ] [TVService] [DEBUG] - failed to connect to specific NP

[edit: In other words, the above log excerpt means that TV Server has detected the tuner, but can't figure out what type of tuner (DVB-S/S2, DVB-T/T2 etc.) it is.]
    This definitely points to driver or hardware problems.
    My guess is the problem is caused by one of the following:
    1. The wrong driver is installed. Make sure you're using the driver supplied with the tuner. Drivers from Microsoft/Windows update sometimes do this.
    2. You have a USB power or conflict problem. Try plugging the tuner into a different USB port.

Thanks for your very quick response on this.
    No problem, happy to try to help. :)

ColinS

July 17, 2016
    Home Country
    Yeah I already tried both of those. I'm completely lost on where to go now. My thoughts are that there is something retained in a registry setting of config file since I removed the device from the TV Servers list which is stopping it from re-adding.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My thoughts are that there is something retained in a registry setting of config file since I removed the device from the TV Servers list which is stopping it from re-adding.
    Removing a tuner from TV Server's list only affects TV Server. Windows registry and config are completely unaffected. The problem you're experiencing now is completely outside that realm. If you happened to have any other tuner/recording/HTPC software installed, it would be affected as well.

So, to be really clear: you've tried removing and reinstalling the driver via Windows Device Manager, right?

ColinS

July 17, 2016
    Home Country
    Correct. I completely removed the drivers and reinstalled from the disk supplied with the device. There are no errors or warning in event logs either. I tried removing all the other USB devices (except the keyboard and mouse), rebooted but still not seeing it. The strange thing is that it worked ok for a couple of days, then when I ran Kodi it said that all devices were busy and at that point I couldn't preview any channels and the card was showing as unknown.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, I'm completely unable to help with KODI.
    Problems don't just start for no reason. If the start of the problem coincided with you doing something like installing or starting KODI for the first time then perhaps you need to consider attempting to undo whatever you did. Can you go back to a previous Windows restore point?

P.S. Note that I'm aware of a KODI add-on that applies a modification to the registry. That modification in turn causes MCE-compatible remote controls to stop working with MediaPortal. Perhaps KODI or its add-ons apply other modifications that affect tuners too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom