Adding .iso files do they need own foilder (1 Viewer)

RobTi

Portal Pro
April 29, 2009
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Hi decided to back up my HD-DVD's and got stuck at the above point, when i moved over from WMC all my movies were in there own individual folder and i just kept them that way in Mp.

But now i am stuck as to what is best, to have them that way or not, been searching but i can't see anywhere what's best, 1 folder with all the files in it and point to that or have individual folders with the files in them.

Any help?

Thanks

Robert

RobTi

Portal Pro
April 29, 2009
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Re: Addind .iso files do they need own foilder

Using Moving pictures at the moment but not to say i would stay with it

Thanks

Cruzer

Portal Pro
February 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I put each iso in it's own folder. That way, I can also put the appropriate backdrop,jpg, nfo file, and folder.jpg in the folder if I wish. If I ever need to re-import all my movies, it is so much faster if that data is local. There was (maybe still is) a utility that exported the backdrops, nfo, etc. to the movies folder for just such reasons. For me, I have lots of movies and a not-too-fast internet connection and this has saved me many hours of waiting for it to download images and description. JMHO.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
For good practice i would drop all your .iso files into their own folder, firstly because you can add folder.jpg files to the movie (as said above), but also because if you ever switch to using the MyFilms plugin they will need to be in their own folders to work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom