Adding new homescreen images (1 Viewer)

Neild7744

Portal Pro
July 25, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I've noticed on the mods page from home screen images people have been making their own and uploading them. Ive downloaded a few images i wish to use on my titan home screen. I've put the images under 'media' and 'tv', but when i go in the Titan editor the new images don't appear? I only get the original images that installed with Titan during MP install?

Also i would like to create my own images for the home screen. I'm interested in creating individual images for things like BBC IPlayer, 4od etc which i would like to use with onlinevideos plugin. Is this possible to have 4 additional home screen images tagged to each demand service?

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
I'd really appreciate some help with this too - it's not at all obvious. I've even tried replacing the images in the media folder with new ones but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I noticed there's a pinned article at the top of this forum about providing new images - it would be helpful if some guidance on how to use them was also included in there.

sunfire7

Portal Pro
March 24, 2011
Home Country
Mexico Mexico
In the plugins section of mepo config there is a Titan editor. In there you can customize the Titan extended skin, you can select your custom images in there. Play with it a little.

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Thanks. I've looked at the titan editor extensively and I can't find any way to import image files. I've replaced them manually and found ways to trigger a re-cache of images in MP.

sunfire7

Portal Pro
March 24, 2011
Home Country
Mexico Mexico
You place the images on the correct theme folder ( don't recall the exact path right now) and then you select them with Titan editor. If you need extra help, you can send me a pm

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Thanks I do need help. Please could you post it here though? If you post it here it might help other people too.

How to you select images in Titan Editor? I can see the page where you can change the images you want to use, but all the images in the drop down menus are preset, and adding new images into those folders doesn't make them appear in the Titan editor.

Allphredt

Portal Member
July 25, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi!
I need help in this, too. I placed the file "basichome_button_games.png" into the directory C:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\skin\titan\media, but it doesnt show up in editor under Tile Images. Only the presets are listed there. Anywhere else where the picture has to be linked?

So, found it for myself.
You have to enter the filename without the "basichome_button_" in front of it. So e.g. if the filename is "basichome_button_games.png" you enter into the Tile Image field "games". :rolleyes:

Have I missed the documentation on this somewhere, because everyone seems to know that, except of me...? (n)

Last edited:

MadibaJ

Portal Member
January 22, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi!

You have to enter the filename without the "basichome_button_" in front of it. So e.g. if the filename is "basichome_button_games.png" you enter into the Tile Image field "games".

Thanks for working that out. I was struggling with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom