Adding new movies from Mediaportal instead of config? (1 Viewer)

evilking

Portal Member
May 17, 2009
Hi, I'm still new to the movingpictures plugin so please forgive me if it's a really stupid question.

I was wondering if it is possible to add new movies (and approve/edit them) to the database from Mediaportal itself (so while it is running), instead of the configuration screen --> Movingpictures config. Because the way it is now I can add a movie to my watchfolders, but it is only picked up and identified when I go to the configuration screen of Movingpictures.

So, everytime I want to add a new movie, I need to exit MediaPortal, fire up the config and go to the moving pictures plugin. I do believe that discs are added automatically when I insert them, but not movies on hdd's.

Thanks for any tips :D

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi, I'm still new to the movingpictures plugin so please forgive me if it's a really stupid question.

I was wondering if it is possible to add new movies (and approve/edit them) to the database from Mediaportal itself (so while it is running), instead of the configuration screen --> Movingpictures config. Because the way it is now I can add a movie to my watchfolders, but it is only picked up and identified when I go to the configuration screen of Movingpictures.

So, everytime I want to add a new movie, I need to exit MediaPortal, fire up the config and go to the moving pictures plugin. I do believe that discs are added automatically when I insert them, but not movies on hdd's.

Not possible. You need the add the path for your movies in Moving pictures config, and just set the importer to regless!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Normally movies are automatically added to the database when you place them in the watch folders (except when no good match is found, then they need approval from the Import).

Are you storing your movies on a local harddisk or are you using a network share / NAS?

To figure out if this is an importer error, full debug logs are needed.
    Here's how to do it

evilking

Portal Member
    May 17, 2009
    I have all my movies in an hdd folder, which I have set as the watch-folder. If I go to the config, the importer immediately goes to work and finds a match when there is a new movie there (no forcing the importer to restart or anything).

But, simply for my understanding: if I thus place a new movie in the folder, and fire up Mediaportal again, should this movie then already be in movingpictures when I click it (assuming it immediately finds a match)? Or is it always necessary to go to the config?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But, simply for my understanding: if I thus place a new movie in the folder, and fire up Mediaportal again, should this movie then already be in movingpictures when I click it (assuming it immediately finds a match)? Or is it always necessary to go to the config?

If you place a movie in a 'watched folder' it should be automatically added and visible in MovingPictures if you start MediaPortal.

evilking

Portal Member
    May 17, 2009
    Allright then, so it should work. Maybe it's because it had some issues recognizing exactly those new movies I wanted to add on the first try. I'll try it again with those movies it recognized on the first pass, and post a report if it still doesn't show anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom