Adding of a new TV Card corrupts other card settings (1 Viewer)

Bernie_W

Portal Member
May 16, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I guess I need some help from the experts here.
If you are looking for the Log-Files, please be so kind and take a minute to read, as I think I need more focused guidance when to take the logfiles.

I have Mediaportal 1.18 on my Win 10 X64 system installed. Intel I3 with SSD and a 2TB Media storage based on a H170 Intel board.

My default configuration consists of a firewire based FireDTV, a USB TT-TVStick 4400_v2, a USB Cinergy HTC USB XS and a USB WinTV 930C all for Cable TV, no usage of DVB-T or other. In addition to that I use two DVBIP cards for TV streaming from my 6490 Cable TV Internet Router, which has 4 DVB-C tuners built-in.
upload_2017-12-16_18-14-55.png

upload_2017-12-16_18-15-2.png

So far the system was working perfectly until I tried to add another TV card, a USB Hauppauge SoloTV. Adding the card and installing the latest drivers completely scrambled my TV Server card settings and only by removing the soloHD and completely uninstalling and re-installing the drivers of the "old" cards, I am able to get back to my working configuration. Please see here, what happens after the soloHD has been added (of course I am not using the WinTV SW):
upload_2017-12-16_18-17-10.png

The soloHD is normally shown here as well, but with type unknown and I took the screenshot after removing it.
Device Manager shows no issues.
upload_2017-12-16_18-17-20.png

So suddenly two of my DVB-C cards changed to DVB-T and become unusable. I reproduced this a couple of times, tried to remove one of the affected TV cards (for both of them), but still the problem persists. Interestingly, if I remove both of those cards, the soloHD starts working. In other words, no combination of the cards together worked, only purely the soloHD or the two old cards. The FireDTV and the TT card are not impacted.

You may possibly better understand, why I am asking for the kind of logfiles you would like to see and seek for instruction of which case offers the most insight for you.

I personally am totally lost here. For me it looks like there is a major driver issue, but I have no idea how I can tackle this. I also tried on a second PC purely using the soloHD which works fine.

Any idea what I could try in addition?

Thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For me it looks like there is a major driver issue
    I agree, it looks like a driver conflict.

You need to be aware that all 3 of those tuners (Hauppauge WinTV 930C, TerraTec Cinergy HTC USB XS and Hauppauge WinTV solo-HD) are all using an eMPIA USB bridge chipset. If you're not careful to install the correct driver version or if there is a mistake in one of the drivers, it can easily result in the situation you're experiencing now.

There's not much that I can do to help you, since this is not a MediaPortal problem... but which version of each tuner driver are you using?

Bernie_W

Portal Member
    May 16, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I agree, it looks like a driver conflict.

You need to be aware that all 3 of those tuners (Hauppauge WinTV 930C, TerraTec Cinergy HTC USB XS and Hauppauge WinTV solo-HD) are all using an eMPIA USB bridge chipset. If you're not careful to install the correct driver version or if there is a mistake in one of the drivers, it can easily result in the situation you're experiencing now.

There's not much that I can do to help you, since this is not a MediaPortal problem... but which version of each tuner driver are you using?

Hi mm1352000,

first thanks for your lightning fast reply.
    Of course this is not an issue of Mediaportal. Sorry if this somehow sounded like that. I just wanted to check, if someone has made similar experience and possibly found a solution/driver that works. But the chances that a similar configuration is in use is pretty low, I guess.

Concerning the drivers, I tried different versions for each card. But actually it didn't resolve this strange behavior. Now I am on the latest ones that were/are available without using the soloHD. I just wonder what would happen if a user had two Hauppauge cards similarly like me and use this WinTV application. I actually do not dare to try on my TV server. Maybe I give it a try on another computer to see how that works.

So many thanks anyhow. Maybe a future driver update will solve this, but I honestly do not expect a newer release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom