Addressbook and Contacts plugin (1 Viewer)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
Anyone know if there is a plugin that lets you have a addressbook or contact listing sort of like in Outlook or something? Where you can put phone numbers and contact details and have a picture of your friend or family in the options as well?

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
Nice idea. With a HTPC being in the front room, it would be a nice easy way of finding a phone number etc.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
i wish i was smart enough to do this one, i'm thinking if you virtually could import it from say outlook or something or even for the guys who are real good could even have it connect up to say a mobile phone or a PDA and sync up with that device via wireless or bluetooth.
That would be real sweet

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    This would really be great! but if it would be somehow connected to outlook (which would be the best way i think), there wouldn't be a need for a synchronisation progress for your PDA since that's done by outlook anyway isn't it? (sometimes i wish it weren't so, when i just want to power my PDA in the dockingstation and the computer is always synchronizing it....)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    yeah well i was thinking connect to outlook but maybe have an option not to use outlook as i konw i wouldn't want to install outlook on my htpc , ideally have a seperate computer running outlook with contacts and output the contacts somehow so MP could import it like tv guide on a regular basis

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    NightmareRambo77 said:
    yeah well i was thinking connect to outlook but maybe have an option not to use outlook as i konw i wouldn't want to install outlook on my htpc , ideally have a seperate computer running outlook with contacts and output the contacts somehow so MP could import it like tv guide on a regular basis

aah, okay i see. i didn't think about that because my HTPC is a "hybrid". i only have this one, so i have to use it for both, HTPC and desktop PC

fake9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2006
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Export tool outlook

Hi All,

I haven't got any experience in programming but here my view

It is easy to export your contacts to a cvs or excel file.

Just try export > contacts > Save as

So viewing this information must be possible like it is a small database.

Maybe the programmers of the moviedatabase have some ideas?

Superbe idea by the way
    Tv

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    i'm starting to wonder if this should be part of a VOIP plugin for phone. so if the phone rings and that number is in the addressbook it displays the info on who is calling. And the contacts can just be another feature or something? , what do you think?

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    NightmareRambo77 said:
    i'm starting to wonder if this should be part of a VOIP plugin for phone. so if the phone rings and that number is in the addressbook it displays the info on who is calling. And the contacts can just be another feature or something? , what do you think?

I would think the address book would come first, because VOIP is perhaps not something everyone uses. If a plugin wwas developed on an address book, which could then hook into VOIP that would be great.

Perhaps the best way of dealing with the address book plugin is to create a new mp databse for its info. If the database is run by mp, but can import from all manners of contact address books e.g. outlook or thunderbird, then that would be great - its means potentially all email cleint address books could be used or none at all! :wink:

With a VOIP addition in a later release, you could perhaps add a call button on the address book itself so the contact currently listed in dialled :idea:

Additionally a button for email could than automatically open an email plugin (i think there is one for mp) & the address will automatically be filled based on the contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom