Adult movie scraper (details+covers) -- v2.0.7 (1 Viewer)

no1bossman

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
Re: Adult movie scraper (details+covers) -- v2.0.1

No worries. Actually since my post I added about 200 movies. Only about 3 weren't available.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

No worries. Actually since my post I added about 200 movies. Only about 3 weren't available.

PM me the title on those 3 otherwise, I like to achieve 100% if possible.

Tazman

Portal Pro
    May 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Fine Scraper. At first sight i retrieves info just fine but i am not getting any posters??

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Fine Scraper. At first sight i retrieves info just fine but i am not getting any posters??

Weird, I noticed I've got v2.0.3, so let me check why I never released that and if it fixes artwork.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Ok, I had monitored them already with internal test versions, because one day a movie would not import, I would compensate for it on my test system, but then on a refresh everything would work again. So it seemed that CDUniverse was planning changes and doing tests on their production servers, but kept undoing them.

It looks like now they finally switched over, so grab v2.0.4 from first post to make it all work again.

I tried to add as much safety code in the scraper, incase they decide to undo some changes again, but if you notice something not working before I do, then let me know.

Enjoy.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    v2.0.5 released.

The manual step of putting CDUniverse.com scraper at highest priority each time to make sure that default imdb.com or IMDb+ scraper would not find some match was annoying for some users.

So after playing around with some prefixes to the filename, came up with "$$$$$XXX-" which would result in the imdb.com search engine finally giving up and not give back any results.

Example:

"Unfinished Business.avi" = IMDb search results for 'Unfinished Business'
    "XXX Unfinished Business.avi" = IMDb search results for 'XXX Unfinished Business'
    "$XXX-Unfinished Business.avi" = IMDb search results for '$XXX-Unfinished Business'
    "$$$XXX-Unfinished Business.avi" = IMDb search results for '$$$XXX-Unfinished Business'
    "$$$$$XXX-Unfinished Business.avi" = IMDb search results for '$$$$$XXX-Unfinished Business'

It is finally with the last one that we get the 'No Matches' that is needed.

Anyway, this update is optional, it only adds the above function. So if you are happy with the way you currently manage your adult collection, then keep doing it that way.

TheGuy

Portal Member
    November 28, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have to say having more than one adult scrapper would be my preference. adultdvdempire dot com would be my first choice for an additional scrapper, thats mainly because I rent from them so clearly all my rentals would get matches. I've come across a lot of series that cduniverse only has a few volumes of where adultdvdempire has them all.

I also ran into the problem i had 1 folder that had hundreds of small junk videos that resulted in cduniverse blocking all requests for about an hour. So a second site would help in that scenario as well.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I originally had the scraper designed around AdultDVDEmpire, but found it missing a ton of movies. So I rewrote it to CDUniverse and had much better results overall. It would be too much work to redo all that work and make a seperate AdultDVDEmpire version again, but somebody else is more then welcome to do so.

You really should look at the filenames you have and if they for sure do not have an entry at CDUniverse, because most of the time they do. And you can use the MovPic advanced noise filter to fix most of the AdultDVDEmpire title mistakes over automatic.

rickyman

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2008
    i am wondering can someone please make an adultdvdempire scraper. please

thank you

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    i am wondering can someone please make an adultdvdempire scraper. please

thank you

Can you give me an example of a movie that exists at AdultDVDEmpire and not at CDUniverse? Because I started the adult scraper based on their site, but I could barely find 40% on their site on my collection vs 100% at CDUniverse, so I rewrote the scraper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom