Adult movie scraper (details+covers) -- v2.0.7 (3 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to adapt this script in mediaportal 2 ?
    No, the importer mechanism in MP2 is completely different.

Notwithstanding it would be quite easy to add another source to retrieve data from in MP2 to be able to load XXX online information. @henso , what's your opinion?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Michel Picard it is open sourced, so feel free to do so.

I'm still using MediaPortal v1 and there is nothing in v2 that inspires me to upgrade.

The developers on v2 planned to add XML scraper-script support, so if they after many years finally implement (which should be easy since it works in v1 you would think) then you can use the script as-is. I guess feel free to ask them :cool:

Michel Picard

March 19, 2019
    Aix en OTHE
    Home Country
    France France
    Regarding the nbr of MP1 plugins, i'm asking myself if i won't downgrade to MP1?
    Because, with MP2, the only advantage is to centralize information, but with MP1, I think you can
    point to the same source files trough the network.
    Am I Right ?

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Am I Right ?
    Yes. Files on the network, the database on each client has its own, but it can be synchronized. MPSync - synchronizes databases completely. Trakt syncs viewed. There are also plugins and add-ins.
    I have 3 HTPC. I tried MP2, I did not like it. Uncomfortable for me. Therefore, while MP1 is alive, I will use it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Does adult scraper even still work? Think the last adult movie I imported myself was almost a year ago, and CDUniverse tends to alter stuff quite often to break things. I'm still in the process of redoing my infrastructure which makes testing difficult, but if the right logs are provided it is easy to keep script functional.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Notwithstanding it would be quite easy to add another source to retrieve data from in MP2 to be able to load XXX online information. @henso , what's your opinion?
    We currently only use online sources that have an API. If one exists for this kind of content it would be possible. I don't know if one exists though.
    Another possibility would be to add an XML based scraper that can use the MP1 XML files like already mentioned.
    which should be easy since it works in v1 you would think
    Sure, if we had a developer with free time to work on it. Feel free to contribute. ;)
    so if they after many years finally implement
    You mean "they" as in "we" (Team MediaPortal)? ;)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @henso, finding free time is about as fruitful as locating a time-machine, so I'm fully aware :D

Struggled to find the conversation in question, but there have been some MP2 devs I have had conversations with, and discussions I've shared my input on that adding XML scraper-script support to MP2 would be useful. Was asked to convert IMDb+ and other scraper-scripts to MP2 C# format, but I just don't have the time/interest for it.

One thing I remember though is that others planned on doing the work, and I was just going to patiently wait until that work was finished. Thinking at a simple scale when it works in v1, and the same devs who worked on that are working on v2, then to me it seems a simple copy-n-paste and a few modifications later it should be functional in MP2. In reality it is much more complex, but since it works fine for me, it has not been any pressing matter for me.

If MP1 stops working, and no XML-scraping ability gets added to MP2 then I'll probably switch to Kodi or Plex instead. Don't see why MP1 would stop working, so meh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom