"Advanced Record" and "Quick Record" not working since 1.3 upgrade (1 Viewer)

cwchapma

Portal Pro
October 15, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'm getting the following error messages when I try to schedule a new recording with "Quick Record" or "Advanced Record" in error.log

Code:
2013-03-18 21:04:31.597208 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TvPlugin.TvNewScheduleSearchType.OnQuickRecord()
at TvPlugin.TvNewScheduleSearchType.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
2013-03-18 21:04:32.333043 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TvPlugin.TvNewScheduleSearchType.OnAdvancedRecord()
at TvPlugin.TvNewScheduleSearchType.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

I've attached the logs from the debug client. Strange that error.log doesn't seem to be included. FYI: what I posted above is the entire error.log file.

I initially tried updating. Two different clients are getting the same error. I tried completely uninstalling mediaportal on one and reinstalling and I still get the same error.

Any idea what the problem is or how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance,
Clint

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Did your target recording + timeshifting directories get reset during the upgrade (check the dir for every tuner)

Last edited:

cwchapma

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    kiwijunglist,
    Thanks for responding but no, the recording + timeshifting directories were still correct. I even clicked the "make all tuners use the same directory" button and it still didn't work.

I ended up reinstalling the server and that fixed it. That is a painful process. It's been too long since I setup 1.2.3. Figuring out how to blast the set-top box and finding versions of the plugins that will install in 1.3 was frustrating.

I am enjoying 1.3 though. The guide is so much more responsive and scheduling recordings is much faster too.

Thanks again,
    Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom