Advanced Record Option - Record Once - MP uses the movie filename (1 Viewer)

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
    If i do an advanced Record - Record Once, the record will be saved under the movie filename (like its set it up in TvServer Configuration). It has also the same function like the Record Once function.
    Could you please fix that or create a new function under advanced Record - something like Record Series Once - that uses the series filename like its set it up in TvServer Configuration.
    I thought to remember that this work with an older MP Version (MP 1.x or lower) ?

Steps to Reproduce:
    Create a new schedule in the TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo Gui over the advanced Record Option - record once.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Works as designed - all once recordings are handled as "movie" recording filename formating rules. Please open a feature suggestion if you think that there should be an addition UI button to allow series recoding filename generation rule to be used for single recording (which is illogical as a single recording is not a serie recording). Althou it is quite unlikely that the feature will be approved since it is quite minor issue (it wont be possible to see any difference inside MP) but it will cause more complex UI.

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey tourettes,

i'm sorry if i have to contradict, but in my opinion it is illogical to have this option under advanced recording. If i want to record as a movie, i do it without the advanced recording,
    It would be better if the "record once" option will thread this as a series, maybe for missed episodes.

Sorry for my bad english, hope i have clearly described my thoughts.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm with tourettes on this one, a one off tv show, which is unlinked to any series is a feature request, not a bug.

So you need to make that request here

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yeah, perhaps the word 'movie' in config is a little misleading. The naming has nothing at all to do with the genre of the program (which isn't even checked, and would be difficult to do - localisation) but whether this is a single recording or a series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom