Advice re XBMC plugin - watched/resmue recording status (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am currently experimenting with Openelec/XBMC running as a client for with my mediaportal server and everything seems fine apart from one thing that is really irritating.

If I watch a recorded programme half way through using Openelec or XBMC and then stop it, I then go to to my living room (which uses the regular Mediaportal Client install) to resume the programme from where it left off but the programme shows up as not having been watched.

Is there any way I can have XBMC actually update the Server database in this respect.

OR am I misunderstanding the fundamental way that the XBMC Server plugin works - i.e. it is not different from watching the recordings with say Mediaplayer or VLC?

Hope this makes sense - let me know if not.

Thanks

Alex

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Guess thats a question worth in xbmc-forums. As the xbmc-plugin should do that.

Last edited:

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I have done a bit more poking around and unfortunately it would seem that other than being able to connect to MP Server for the purposes of Live TV, the databases with regards to what I am after, plus anything like fanart etc., will remain separate.

I also found this quote in the Raspberry Pi section of this forum:

No it wont work the way you desire.

XBMC with hacks is able to use the MP tvserver for watching live TV, but that is it as far as it gets regarding communication between xbmc and mp.

You can not use XBMC as a MP extender.

You can access media shared on a network using XBMC, but it would run 2x seperate databases for the media, and to set that up you would need to ask on the XBMC forums, not the MP forum.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/raspberry-pi.109257/

As someone explained on another forum - Mediaportal and XBMC are two separate development programs and no-one is going to take the trouble to develop for the other.

So I guess that if you want a true Mediaportal Client, you need to install Mediaportal Client.

Thanks anyway.

Alex

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    I think the long term answer here is that a new XBMC plugin should be created to work with MPExtended.

This would also ensure that the TVServer would wake up and shut down appropriately.

I have suggested this on the XBMC forums.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Very good point - I had not considered power scheduling.

Thanks very much for that - I shall keep an eye on the XBMC forums for any new developments (would it be possible to add a link for the thread that you have started please?).

Last edited:

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    The chap that created the Mediaportal Plugin for XBMC (Margo) has just let me know the following:

"Not yet supported. XBMC supports updating the PVR backend with the resume time, but I don't know where MediaPortal stores this information. I can't find it in the TVServer recordings tables, so I basically don't know where to update the MediaPortal resume time value for a particular recording. "

So, he is currently trying to fully implement XBMC as a fully integrated client as per the above.

Could anyone possibly help and let me know where he can find what he is looking for and I shall report back to him accordingly - i.e. where the TVServer actually stores the information about resume times.

Many thanks

Alex

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The chap that created the Mediaportal Plugin for XBMC (Margo) has just let me know the following:

"Not yet supported. XBMC supports updating the PVR backend with the resume time, but I don't know where MediaPortal stores this information. I can't find it in the TVServer recordings tables, so I basically don't know where to update the MediaPortal resume time value for a particular recording. "

So, he is currently trying to fully implement XBMC as a fully integrated client as per the above.

Could anyone possibly help and let me know where he can find what he is looking for and I shall report back to him accordingly - i.e. where the TVServer actually stores the information about resume times.

Many thanks

Alex

^ Attention @Developers - hopefully someone will answer

@Margo

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    MediaPortal stores the resume data to My Videos database instead of using the TV server's database as long as I remember - so there is no support on TVE3 itself for the resume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom