AEON - Modded (1 Viewer)

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
I thought I would create a seperate thread for my collection of different skin mods. This way they won't get lost in the confusion of the Aeon thread, also questions, comments and improvement suggestions can be directed to this thread.

Any way to start this thread I have modded tvseries yet again and I much prefer this view im sure you will agree:D

tvseries reloaded.jpg
To install the images need to be put in the skins\aeon\media folder and the tvseries xml needs to be placed in the skins\aeon folder and it will ask you to overwrite the original tvseries xml.

This is the new look of the tvseries screen which will be a better layout for big numbers of series, I have attached the new tvseries xml enjoy!

UPDATE !!!!! New Tv series layout

tvseries Main view.jpgtvseries Season view.jpgtvseries Episode view.jpg

Remember to rename this xml file to just tvseries.xml or it won't work.

View attachment TVseries (Layout 2).xml

You will need the graphic files attached at the bottom of the post like the previous layout!

Attachments

• tvseries_banner_nofocus.png
    tvseries_banner_nofocus.png
    2.9 KB
  • tvseries_background80%.png
    tvseries_background80%.png
    463.7 KB
  • TVSeries.xml
    30.6 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Don't you feel like including a beginners guide to your first post? Like what to download, where to download folder structure for images, etc.

Thank you.

GateheaD

Portal Member
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    originally posted this in the Aeon Wide thread.

mattsk88, did you say you have a version of TVSeries.xml that allows fanart to change while cycling through banners?
    I love the design you have with everything 'down the bottom' allowing fanart to be visible, would love it to change as you cycle through from the default screen.

Thanks!

No offense but the layout posted above looks messy.
    But your previous work with lower shifted menus looks awesome, you get a good view of the fan art, which is pretty much what Aeon is designed for (IMO)

If the request above isn't viable, would you be able to run through why with me?
    If its just a problem of time/ don't feel like forking off your build again I'm tempted to hack my way around the xmls.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008

mattsk88, did you say you have a version of TVSeries.xml that allows fanart to change while cycling through banners?
    I love the design you have with everything 'down the bottom' allowing fanart to be visible, would love it to change as you cycle through from the default screen.

Thanks!

But your previous work with lower shifted menus looks awesome, you get a good view of the fan art, which is pretty much what Aeon is designed for (IMO)

If the request above isn't viable, would you be able to run through why with me?
    If its just a problem of time/ don't feel like forking off your build again I'm tempted to hack my way around the xmls.
    I can give you the tvseries xml that shows the fan art while flicking through the banners but there are some negatives that you should be aware of. The main one being that it is slower to flick through the different series for the first time that mediaportal is started. My new layout uploaded makes choosing a tvseries easy and also makes best use of tvfanart as the season and episode layouts are the same as before. Let me know what you want im happy to provide the xml if your keen.

GateheaD

Portal Member
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country

Thanks!

I can give you the tvseries xml that shows the fan art while flicking through the banners but there are some negatives that you should be aware of. The main one being that it is slower to flick through the different series for the first time that mediaportal is started. My new layout uploaded makes choosing a tvseries easy and also makes best use of tvfanart as the season and episode layouts are the same as before. Let me know what you want im happy to provide the xml if your keen.

I'll grab them both if you don't mind, I test out the one above after work against the one you write about and see what I like :)
    having everything cache the first few times isn't a problem as my media portal doesn't close.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    Ok here it is, For active fanart with the tvseries xml attached you have to do the following
    1. Create a folder named "FanArt" (without Quotations lol) in the skin\aeon\media folder and within the FanArt Folder create a folder named tv, this is where the fanart for your tvsereis needs to go.
    2. The fanart images need to be named the same as the sereis name and need to be in png format

ie for the tvseries Lost you need to have your fanart in png format named as Lost.png

Any further help just ask

BTW you also have to rename the attached xml to just TVSeries.xml

Attachments

• tvseries - Big Banners Down in Left Hand Corner active fanart.xml
      30.8 KB

GateheaD

Portal Member
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Ok here it is, For active fanart with the tvseries xml attached you have to do the following
    1. Create a folder named "FanArt" (without Quotations lol) in the skin\aeon\media folder and within the FanArt Folder create a folder named tv, this is where the fanart for your tvsereis needs to go.
    2. The fanart images need to be named the same as the sereis name and need to be in png format

ie for the tvseries Lost you need to have your fanart in png format named as Lost.png

Any further help just ask

BTW you also have to rename the attached xml to just TVSeries.xml

Nice!
    I'm guessing the ability to use the TV Series pre-defined fanart is impossible?

Bobb25

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2006
    Durban
    Home Country
    Ok, love the season and episode view. The only issue with those screens is that if you have more than say 5 or 6 logos it reduces their size quite a bit so its hard to see.

With regards to the series banner view, i think it is a bit too "busy" with the banners scrolling over the background. I think the normal series view, but at the bottom, would be much better.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    Ok, love the season and episode view. The only issue with those screens is that if you have more than say 5 or 6 logos it reduces their size quite a bit so its hard to see.

With regards to the series banner view, i think it is a bit too "busy" with the banners scrolling over the background. I think the normal series view, but at the bottom, would be much better.

So you like the old layout better or what im a bit confused lol

Bobb25

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2006
    Durban
    Home Country

So you like the old layout better or what im a bit confused lol

I like the old lay out on the series screen, where it has all the banners to select on the background in the middle of the screen, but i prefer your layout on the Season / Episode screen where you can see the fan art properly! Maybe if it was possible to have the banners at the bottom of the screen on the series view? Basically if you just took the original layout on the series view and moved the whole lot to the bottom of the screen, and kept that new season/episode view, that would look cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom