[confirm] AFTER INSTALLING ON WINDOWS XP CLIENT tsfilter.ax was not registered and RTSP failed (1 Viewer)

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 RC
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    Windows Version: Windows XP
    CPU Type: Atom Intel
    HDD: 500 GB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Motherboard: Asus
    Video Card: Nvidia
    Sound Card: Realtek
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-4400 on server
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia

After installing 1.2.0RC on a Windows XP Client Connected to a 1.2.0RC Windows 7 Mediaportal Server I can't watch TV.

There is an error on GUI that Stream2.0 or Stream4.0 can't be started.

Looking at LOGS I found that after installing this new version of Mediaportal, filters like tsreader.ax where not registered.

When trying to register the filter manually with regsrv32 tsreader.ax, An error that the required library moudule couldn't be loaded was avoiding me to register the filter.

Trying lot of things, finally I found a post about reinstalling VC Redistributables. 2005 VisualC++ and 2008 VisualC++ didn't work but.... Installing this:
    Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Finally this allowed me to register the filter with regsrv32 tsreader.ax

But the same error was at the GUI: Stram2.0 or Stream4.0 can't be started.

Looking at logs, there was a message that RTSP file was not found: ""TSReaderPlayer: Failed to open file:rtsp://xxxxxxx/stream2.0 :0x80004005"

I corrected the issue BY SELECTING MANUALLY THE RTSP STREAM IP ADDRESS ON THE SERVER (when you use auto selection at server client RTSP streaming is not working).

IF someone is experiencing same problem hope this could help!!!

Regards!!

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Re: AFTER INSTALLING ON WINDOWS XP CLIENT tsfilter.ax was not registered and RTSP fai

1. i hope you meant tsreader.ax, because MP has no filter with name "tsfilter.ax".
    2. It seems that you have several network cards or several IPs for network card configured, so TV Server just takes first found IP.
    3. i believe something went wrong with your installation, as MP installer should install VS2010 redist before installing MP itself.

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: AFTER INSTALLING ON WINDOWS XP CLIENT tsfilter.ax was not registered and RTSP fai

Yes sorry, tsreader.ax

Before begin investigation, I tried a FULL UNINSTALL, REBOOT SYSTEM AND INSTALL AGAIN , same problem with registration of filters.

the filters that failed registration were: DVBSub2.ax, tsreader.ax, MPaudioswitcher.ax

The first IP that was shown at Mediaportal Server RTSP Streaming IP Address was: 169.254.x.x (No one of my adapters had this IP). I manually selected the correct one (the next address at the pull list)

The installation process at server (Windows 7) registered correctly that filters.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

please post output of console after typing "ipconfig /all" at client side

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

At server side, because the RTSP stream ip address is configured at server.

I found the "poblem". At my server I installed VirtualBox, VirtualBox creates a virtual interface, mediaportal is choosing this interface when you select "auto", that interface has the 169.254.x.x IP address.

please post output of console after typing "ipconfig /all" at client side

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

skandy: I wonder, did you run the installer with administrator privileges?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom