After one week's work, still no success (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Vinzant

March 7, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am running an HTPC with Windows 7, an Intel I5 connected by wire to the internet. After reading about MediaPortal was to discontinue the use of WMC in favor of MP and use it with Kodi. So far no success. I downloaded MP 1 and installed it but no luck. I have two Home Run Connect each with two tuners for a total of four. Those tuners are connected directly to my HTPC. Windows Media Center works fine and has for a long time now. My wife records and watches live tv with no problems. I have followed the wiki instructions, have tried to use the Montgomery One guide and reviewed every article I could find and I still can get it up and running.

Here is my log file from this last attempt. If you can help, please do. I really like the look of MediaPortal and Kodi working together but its been a nightmare. Maybe someone will be able to spot something from the log files.

Ken

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Ken

I downloaded MP 1 and installed it but no luck.
    This tells me nothing about what you're trying to do.

Are you having "no luck" scanning for channels?
    ...or is it "no luck" trying to get EPG data?
    ...or...???

I have two Home Run Connect each with two tuners for a total of four.
    Have you configured the HDHomeRun Setup -> application tab -> "main application" setting as "MediaPortal"? This is very important.
    (Note: I have a slightly older version of the HDHomeRun software/driver installed, so the setting may be named and/or located elsewhere now.)

I have followed the wiki instructions...
    Which instructions? (Please provide a link.)
    ...instructions to do what?

...have tried to use the Montgomery One guide...
    Never heard of a "Montgomery One" guide. For all I know it could be way out of date, not applicable for you, or just wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom