After Update to Win10 no Recording Playback possible (1 Viewer)

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm running a multi-seat MP installation with a HTPC Server which is accessed by the following devices:
    Android Phones via MP-App: Working
    Dell Laptop Windows 8.1: Working
    PC with Windows 10: Working
    HTPC with Windows 10: Described Problems.

Please find attached the logfiles of the HTPC, on which playing of the recording is not possible after the W10 Update.

What Works on the HTPC:
    Playing Movies (Also located on a remote drive on the server)
    Playing Live TV, Using the EPG
    Other network related stuff.

What does not work:
    Selecting a Recording to play. There does come the question if i would like to watch the Recording from the Beginning or from the current point in time. After that nothing happens. The HTPC is unresponsive for some Seconds and then reacts as normal (without playing anything).

I appreciate any help! Thanks in Advance

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Which PC is the TV server ?

From the client logs, it looks like it sets up the RTSP stream to play the recording (from IP address 192.168.1.55), but no data arrives. We need the TV server logs as well to see what the server is doing. I'd carefully check the windows firewall settings, but it's strange that live TV via RTSP works, but recordings via RTSP do not...

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your reply.
    None of the above mentioned PCs is the Server. The System specs of the Server can be find in the system specs. The IP 192.168.1.55 indead belongs to the server.

BUT:
    I "solved" the problem. Sad is: i don't know how. What i did is i changed the Codec for TV from the Microsoft Codec to LAV but i can't imagine that this really is/was the real solution for the problem.
    I'll recheck if the problem is really solved or simply not allways reproducable. If it comes up again i'll also post the server logs.

Thanks a lot for trying to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom